Contribute
Register

Guide: Update OS X Mavericks to OS X Yosemite Using UniBeast and MultiBeast

After multibeast, I boot in Verbose mode and I get hung up on:
[ PCI configuration begin ]
booting from USB works fine

I can't get it to work. I consistently get the grey screen with the crossed out circle.

I have tried the following boot flags:

-x
npci=0x2000
PCIRootUID=1
-v

Here is what I get when I use-v. Any thoughts?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    771.5 KB · Views: 280
Those of you with a Z77-DS3H, what are you using for your multibeast settings?

Same as Mountain Lion?

Type at boot: /System/Library/kernels/mach_kernel

No network and no sound here. Installing the same as I had on Maverick. Any one else?
Didn't work..... trying to figure out how to wipe the ssd now with no way to boot up??? any advise?

Two things I've done to get by with this tricksy thing is: try entering your bios, and exit without saving - boot straight to usb. It worked for me oddly.

then after I got it installed i setup multibeast to install both my network devices. Upon reboot a loading bar would stick halfway. however i have eventually managed to get into a full working Yosemite by using the -f flag on boot! How do I add this -f flag so I don't have to keep typing it? I'm booting from the usb drive.

Confirmed working on GA-Z87X-UD5H. Was easier than I expected :D
Followed your steps but used Clover, iCloud still working, iMessage stuck at customer code just like at 10.9 so all looks fine..

Then try: /System/Library/Kernels/kernel

Take notice of the lower and upper case letters
still nothing just keeps on returning to the same screen...... anyone know how to clear the old mavericksOS off the ssd?

Same problem here. When I select USB in the boot menu, after hitting the return key I get the same message. I used Unibeast 5.01. Unibeast 5.01 doesn't seem to have solved this particular issue (mach_kext). Any suggestions? Would really appreciate this.

Back