Contribute
Register

Guide: Update OS X Mavericks to OS X Yosemite Using UniBeast and MultiBeast

still nothing just keeps on returning to the same screen...... anyone know how to clear the old mavericksOS off the ssd?

If you were running the installer and it was stopping just less than halfway showing a stop sign then I had the same problem. Weirdly this was fixed by just entering the bios, exiting without saving, then boot the installer from usb. It then managed to get to the installer and I was able to install. My problem now is after using multibeast to setup my2 network devices, on reboot I have to use the -f flag for it to I boot or it just sticks at the halfway point of a loading bar

I have followed the basic instructions for doing this more than six times. I end up with the same result. After installing Yosemite, I start it by booting from the Unibeast installer. I look for the drive I used and in the Chimera icon is the word "RAID" under the Yosemite cartoon image. I select it and press RETURN. I then get an error about missing /System/Library/Kernels/Kernel.

I then select my USB installer's icon. At this point the system ends up booting into Yosemite from the proper drive. I then use MultiBeast to finsih the configuration, then restart the computer. But instead of starting up I get these lines:

Boot0: GPT
Boot0: error

I've done these installations dozens of times from Snow Leopard through Mavericks on this same hardware without a problem. I am trying to make a clean (not an upgrade) installation of Yosemite. But I am puzzled by these errors. I sure would appreciate some help on how to get the Yosemite installation working.

Steve

Sorry to bump in - but how did you 'follow the guide' but used clover? The only guide for clover is for mavericks. Multibeast + unibeast works perfectly except for the filenvram, can't get the ROM and MBR values to stick (keep saying invalid).

Cheers,
Dan.

Same problem. But I got Unibeast 5.0.0 and followed earlier directions to remove <key>Kernel</key><string>mach_kernel</string>. Booted to the unibeast USB and got a can't find the kernel message. Now I can't update the Unibeast USB because I don't have another Mac that supports Yosemite (old white MacBook).

Is there a way to edit my file on my hard disk from the USB unibeast installer via Terminal? If I can I'll revert the org.chameleon.Boot.plist and hold off on the update. I'm kind of a Terminal noob. I know how to use CD and LS commands but that's more or less it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as this is a computer that I use for my work.

EDIT: Ha! Nevermind. I guess I didn't just try a restart to the hard disk. That worked fine.

Think I'll wait on Yosemite until things get ironed out a little more...

I can't get it to work. I consistently get the grey screen with the crossed out circle.

I have tried the following boot flags:

-x
npci=0x2000
PCIRootUID=1
-v

Here is what I get when I use-v. Any thoughts?

I figured out my problem - I needed to plug the UniBeast jump drive into a USB port directly on the motherboard and not one on the case.

I installed Yosemite without a problem, and rebooted from the USB into my drive. I ran MultiBeast with the two essential options, plus ones for my system. Then I tried to reboot normally.

All I get when I try to reboot normally is a slow progress bar followed by a crossed out circle. I tried a few times, and nothing changed. I tried booting from the USB into my normal SSD, but I still got the crossed out circle. Now I'm running Mavericks on my backup drive.

What is going on?!?

EDIT: I removed the 3rd Party SATA kext, and now I can boot into my Yosemite drive. This does cause all of my drives to be considered external. Hopefully a fix will be coming soon.

Update near perfect from Mavericks 10.9.5
The only problem are USBs.
Only 2 USB3 are working always. The other 3 USB3 and 2 USB2 work randomly.
Al least I can plug-in keyboard and mouse to those permanent working USB3.
No problem with audio ALC892.

My computer is:
MOBO Gigabyte Z87-HD3
i5-4670
8Gb RAM 1600 DDR3
Using integrated HD 4600

I had the can't find the kernel message but my problem was I didn't hit F12 and started from Chimera 3.X.
With F12 and selecting USB, no problem.

--------------

USB problem solved.

Master Mister
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by tonymacx86

Last edited by a moderator:
I removed the GenericUSBXHCI.kext and its all working Great now. no lag when I boot up for the USB ports and even my External blue ray started to work . This is awesome

I have followed the basic instructions for doing this more than six times. I end up with the same result. After installing Yosemite, I start it by booting from the Unibeast installer. I look for the drive I used and in the Chimera icon is the word "RAID" under the Yosemite cartoon image. I select it and press RETURN. I then get an error about missing /System/Library/Kernels/Kernel.

I then select my USB installer's icon. At this point the system ends up booting into Yosemite from the proper drive. I then use MultiBeast to finsih the configuration, then restart the computer. But instead of starting up I get these lines:

I've done these installations dozens of times from Snow Leopard through Mavericks on this same hardware without a problem. I am trying to make a clean (not an upgrade) installation of Yosemite. But I am puzzled by these errors. I sure would appreciate some help on how to get the Yosemite installation working.

Steve

read this http://www.tonymacx86.com/25-boot0-error-official-guide.html

I was able to get rid of the grey screen and stop sign by plugging the USB drive into a USB 2.0 port, not the 3.0 port.

Things went smoothly. Just need to run Multibeast to get sound working again.

UPDATE - I was able to get it running once then, after I ran multibeast, I started getting the grey screen with the "Stop" sign. Ugh.

It looks like others are having this problem. Hopefully there is a solution.

Last edited:
Back