Contribute
Register

Guide: Update OS X Mavericks to OS X Yosemite Using UniBeast and MultiBeast

I just upgraded from Mavericks on my z77x UD5H. When it got into Yosemite all looked fine but I noticed both network devices were gone. So I loaded up my old Mavericks DSDT file which informed me of newer file versions etc. I checked through what it had set up and it looked ok. So I set it away. On reboot it showed a loading bar which at the moment seems to be stuck halfway.. Either that or it's just taking eons to progress! Well I did a time machine backup as soon as I got Yosemite on so if it's gone pear-shaped I can take a step back and look at what needs to be done.

i was soooo stoked that my 28" 4k samsung monitor now works perfectly at 60hz though :)

Hey guys,

i had had no problem booting the usb, installing Yosemite and then booting from the usb to my drive. Everything went smoothly until that. Problems began after installing all the necessary files
via Multibeast. After I did that and booted normaly into my SSD I have the (in the comments reoccurring) slashed circle. I'm trying to do the while installation again, but I'm not sure if that really is gonna help.
Im running on a Ga Z77x ud5h
feel free to help me (and the others)

I had the same problem (fine until I configured with Multibeast), then I had the "Still waiting for boot drive" problem (the grey screen with a slashed circle). After a few tries I got it to boot but it kernel panicked a few times. Finally things seemed to settle in on their own and I have a working Yosemite system. This is a GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 system.

Why did i try this????? I get the "can't find mach_kernel" and the "already shown above" comment doesn't help any....... Are there any more simple people around here?

Im still pretty new to all of this so could someone please explain how to do steps 2, 3 and 4. I am looking forward to Yosemite very much. Thanks

Ok i am back and Running !

had an error when loading the USB something about library ..caches...

but was able to Go forward..

Loaded Multibeast and had hanging issue a few times.. then booted into Safe mode.. and back into normal .. now things are working fine..

The one thing that i have noticed is that I thought my USB ports were having an issue... but if you wait a few seconds it seems to turn them all one with no Issues..

just takes a few Seconds on Each reboot.. it will Get to the desktop.. but then I Have to wait about 10 seconds before keyboard and mouse and all usb works..

you might want to try waiting.. One way was to Have a USB stick plugged in.. then when you see it pop up on the finder you know all the others are on too.

one thing that i have noticed is that I can't get blueTooth to Pair with the phone ..I have that BlueTooth Dongle that I bought when I made the Hackintosh... Works for track pad and so on... but no such luck with the iPhone 6 plus... says make sure network access is enabled?... just Set up iCloud drive on my iPhone 6 plus.... Seems that the HACkInTosh is Showing that its Still "setting up" iCloud drive

so what do we need to use the new features? blueTooth ?

Would i need a Webcam to get faceTime working before i can get Calls on My Desktop?

of course iMessages is not working..

has Anone tried using the old FileNVRAM.dylib?

The new Nvida Drivers are awesome.. the system is Flying !!

audio sounds Much better as well over the mavericks

Im still pretty new to all of this so could someone please explain how to do steps 2, 3 and 4. I am looking forward to Yosemite very much. Thanks

Go to Finder and in the menu select Go->Computer. Those are file folders you can browse.

I have a Z87X-OC with dual boot Mavericks and Windows 7. I got it set up the first time I tried which means I didn't mess around with Multibeast and Chimera too much. I'm concerned if I follow the directions here that I'll render my Windows 7 partition inaccessible. Any thoughts from the community? Is it "safe" to attempt this upgrade on a dual boot?

Thanks for your patience.

It's moved along a tiny bit, but the loading bar seems to be stuck halfway now. Beginning to wish I'd manually installed the Kexts for the 2 network devices now

No matter what I do, I can boot with USB but not with Chimera v4.0.0
What threads are supposed to be in my org.chameleon.Boot.plist after applying MultiBeast?

Why did i try this????? I get the "can't find mach_kernel" and the "already shown above" comment doesn't help any....... Are there any more simple people around here?

Type at boot: /System/Library/kernels/mach_kernel

No network and no sound here. Installing the same as I had on Maverick. Any one else?

ALC892 not work.
=============
Configuration (mini DeLuxe from October 2013): GA-z87n-WiFi, i5 4670k, 8 Gb DDR 1600 Mhz, SSD 120 Gb======= WiFi was removed and BCM94352HMB 802.11ac inserted.
Maverick with last updates.
==============
1. Now after your Guide - here is Yosemite.
2. My boot loader is Clover with last version 2953.
3. I tried to install ALC 892 kext with MultiBeast 7.0
No result.

I am also having issues getting my ALC892 audio to work. I'm using Chimera and no audio devices appear for me.
I'm on a Asus P8Z77-V Pro

Back