Contribute
Register

GUIDE: Toshiba C655-S5212 (HD3000 w/ full QE/CI)

Status
Not open for further replies.
did u ever got a error like DSMOS has arrived will booting installer partition??

c655-s5212

at iboot i am getting kernal panic, acpi driver not found etc, i can't go beyond that what am i doing wrong?

give me the link of blog article method you are using also

With the -x option I also added -v and could see that it was loading files... Got to 'AppleHDaPlatformDriver.kext' which is a much larger file (maybe 1000x larger than the others). Was interpreting this as 'stuck on a black screen' without the verbose option -v. I'll let it sit on reading this file for the next few hours and see if anything happens.

After waiting for more than a half hour .. came back and was back on the above error again. PIA !!

In my original post I loaded Lion on the laptop hard drive by removing it from the laptop and placing it in an external USB hard drive enclosure. The Lion install software was in a desktop hackintosh in a separate hard drive partition, per Tony's blog. I used the Lion installer to load Lion on the laptop drive, followed by Multibeast and the other extensions in the first post.

I tried the iBoot install procedure mentioned in the previous notes, and ran into the same issues mentioned in the preceding posts.

I don't think the Lion install package from Apple, or iBoot, have all the extensions necessary to run the laptop when trying to follow the usual iBoot/Lion/Multibeast process.

Using an external hard drive enclosure allows you to load Lion and all the necessary extensions onto the laptop hard drive prior to placing the hard drive back in the laptop.

I've used this method (placing a drive in an external USB drive enclsoure and loading OS X from a working system) because I've found it gets rid of a lot of the trial and error associated with the iBoot process and trying to figure out which extensions are needed for new motyerboards or laptops.

Thanks for this info.. will take the same approach.

Has similar model, but I keep on getting hanged during boot. It just stays on that screen forever, and will not boot up once I've installed 10.6.8.

Do you recall the settings used for 10.6.8 for multibeast and kexts?

The method I describe only works with OS X 10.7. As far as I know, 10.6.8 doesn't include drivers for the Intel HD 3000 graphics interface on the i3 chip.

Any work around you can think of? I don't want graphic support, just to run xmive and create an installer. I can boot into single user if that helps. The only other hackuntosh I have is an and and will not allow the lion installer to run.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back