Contribute
Register

GUIDE: Toshiba C655-S5212 (HD3000 w/ full QE/CI)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What DSDT problems do you guys have? I don't have your laptop, but things like function keys are easy to fix, and getting proper power management working for sleep shouldn't be too bad either. If someone posts a DSDT dump and a list of issues, I can take a look and see what I can do.

Basically we don't have a custom dsdt because none of us know how to do it. Function keys, brightness, sleep all don't work. I don't mind posting a dsdt dump but I'm not really sure how to do it. How would I go about doing it? Thanks, appreciate it!

CyberWalrus said:
What DSDT problems do you guys have? I don't have your laptop, but things like function keys are easy to fix, and getting proper power management working for sleep shouldn't be too bad either. If someone posts a DSDT dump and a list of issues, I can take a look and see what I can do.

Installed 10.7.4 and all seems ok so far

gopowergoh said:
Basically we don't have a custom dsdt because none of us know how to do it. Function keys, brightness, sleep all don't work. I don't mind posting a dsdt dump but I'm not really sure how to do it. How would I go about doing it? Thanks, appreciate it!

CyberWalrus said:

A fairly easy way is to use DSDT editor: http://olarila.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=62 available for mac, windows and linux, you should be able to use the File>extract DSDT option from any OS, and then do File>Save DSL, and attach the produced file to a post or something.

gopowergoh said:
Ok here is my DSDT. Please let me know if I did that correctly. Thanks! Appreciate it.

Well, here's a version with all the typical patches applied. In theory power management and therefore sleep might work now, with

Code:
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>

in your com.chameleon.Boot.plist

Keyboard function keys and display brightness could also be fixed.
Dsdt should be placed in /Extra/ and should be named DSDT.aml

Attachments

• DSDTtoshC655.aml
    28.9 KB · Views: 149
CyberWalrus said:
gopowergoh said:
Ok here is my DSDT. Please let me know if I did that correctly. Thanks! Appreciate it.

Well, here's a version with all the typical patches applied. In theory power management and therefore sleep might work now, with

Code:
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>

in your com.chameleon.Boot.plist

Keyboard function keys and display brightness could also be fixed.
Dsdt should be placed in /Extra/ and should be named DSDT.aml

Thanks! So just to be sure before I try this out, I add the code to my com.chameleon.boot.plist then rename the dsdt and put it in extra right?

I am also noticing I have a org.chameleon.Boot.plist and a com.apple.Boot.plist in my extra folder. Which one do I edit?

gopowergoh said:
I am also noticing I have a org.chameleon.Boot.plist and a com.apple.Boot.plist in my extra folder. Which one do I edit?

you can delete com.apple.Boot.plist, and add the lines to org.chameleon.Boot.plist
If you have nullcpupowermanagement installed, you can try removing that. Likewise with sleepenabler, and evoreboot

any os mountain lion success for c655-s5212

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back