Contribute
Register

GUIDE: Toshiba C655-S5212 (HD3000 w/ full QE/CI)

Status
Not open for further replies.
i am still looking for OS LION WIFI kext/driver for c655-s5212. anybody got it?

joeymac said:
i am still looking for OS LION WIFI kext/driver for c655-s5212. anybody got it?

No but after installing a different wifi card, it works great.

did you update to the latest bios? i have the same model and was getting the same error until i updated to 1.60 now i just need to figure out what kexts i need..

gopowergoh said:
I installed a broadcom card and a broadcom kext and I now have internal wireless working!

Does the c655-s5212 take a half height wireless card?? I am thinking of buying one and actually have a dell 1390 card that would work but its not a half height card. It seems though this is a great laptop for a hackintosh though!

Also, I was looking at the drivers on toshibas website and it list an atheros wireless driver as of the end of July. Has the wireless card been changed to atheros on newer builds of the laptop??

My C655-S5212 seems to have an Atheros LAN card, but a Realtek 8188CE WiFi chip. I have found drivers for 8166, 8167 and generic 81xx drivers, but none of them seem to work with the 8188CE.

I also see now what you all mean by 'sleep doesn't work'. I think it is more accurate to say 'wake doesn't work'. The laptop goes to sleep quite happily, but I haven't any way to wake it up. And, of course, it doesn't go to sleep on it's own when you shut the lid. Oh well.

shane369 said:
gopowergoh said:
I installed a broadcom card and a broadcom kext and I now have internal wireless working!

Does the c655-s5212 take a half height wireless card?? I am thinking of buying one and actually have a dell 1390 card that would work but its not a half height card. It seems though this is a great laptop for a hackintosh though!

Also, I was looking at the drivers on toshibas website and it list an atheros wireless driver as of the end of July. Has the wireless card been changed to atheros on newer builds of the laptop??

It does take a half height card. I actually cut my plastic to force a full height card. But I wouldn't recommend it. I had one broadcom card that worked on my eee pc hackintosh, but it wouldn't work on this one for some reason. I had another broadcom card that has been working really well. At first it would not be detected unless there was a restart, but I messed with the bios settings a bit and now it functions beautifully.

Now if only we could get sleep and the brightness keys working. this would be perfect. I use it everyday right now and its great. I did install an app so that my laptop won't be put to sleep if i close the lid. im also using spark for volume control. I also added some osx stickers to correct some of the incorrect key labels. With my "carbon fiber" and apple sticker plus these keys, People ask me what kind of mac this is all the time haha.

I think the only way we are going to make progress with this is if someone will make a dsdt. I use this laptop everyday with lion 10.7.2. It works perfect besides brightness and sleep. I have tried to do the dsdt but i honestly dont know how too. I tried some guides but they did not work for me.

Hey gopowergoh:

Could you let me know which Broadcom card you're using? Also, any idea if it would work in a C655-S5206? I got Lion installed, but no wireless and I can't easily find the type of card the laptop takes (bought it on Thanksgiving day for $300 on eBay...a great deal for a Sandy Bridge Core i3, but the product specs, even from Toshiba, are sketchy at best).

BTW, did you have to take off the keyboard in order to install the new wifi card? Thanks in advance for any and all help!! :D

The card I used is a bcm94311mcg BUT it is a full sized card and the slot in my toshiba was a half sized. I literally hacked apart pieces of plastic to make it fit. also, I can give you my bios settings if you do this because at first it wouldnt recognize on a reboot. If something is plugged in the usb port or if I go to the bios settings it can act up a bit. But on a day to day basis, it works wonderfully. I would suggest finding a half sized broadcom card. I was going to buy this one from ebay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/220592392461?ss ... 914wt_1037

I heard it works with lion

I did have to open the keyboard but it really is not that hard to do. Let me know if you need any help. Your laptop looks pretty similar to mine so I think it would work.

I also have a ssd and 8gb of ram in my laptop and I love it! The only thing I need is sleep and brightness control. But with the ssd it turns on and off pretty quick

TheGrandWazoo22 said:
Hey gopowergoh:

Could you let me know which Broadcom card you're using? Also, any idea if it would work in a C655-S5206? I got Lion installed, but no wireless and I can't easily find the type of card the laptop takes (bought it on Thanksgiving day for $300 on eBay...a great deal for a Sandy Bridge Core i3, but the product specs, even from Toshiba, are sketchy at best).

BTW, did you have to take off the keyboard in order to install the new wifi card? Thanks in advance for any and all help!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back