Contribute
Register

GUIDE: Toshiba C655-S5212 (HD3000 w/ full QE/CI)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So when you say sleep doesn't work, does at mean it won't sleep at all? Resets CMOS after? Have you tried sleep enabled kext or any CMOS reset fixes that are out there? I am strongly considering picking this laptop up but sleep mit be a deal breaker. Hanks for the great work!

Sorry for sounding like a noob. However, which tool did you use to install the kexts that you did NOT install with Multibeast? I see a tool called 'Kext Helper' however I'm concerned that It will not allow me to target the external drive, but may update the hchntsh I'm running it on. Also, I see EliotForce LegacyRTC.kext in your list.. did you use Multibeast to install this kext also? Thanks for the info.

Elfmarshland

I just successfully installed lion in my toshiba. I also took out the hdd and plugged it into my other desktop hackintosh. After installion lion I booted into my desktops install of lion and used multibeast and changed the install location to install I my toshiba hdd. After that I rebooted into the the toshiba drive, downloaded the kexts from kexts.com and used kext beast to install the two other kext. So just after multibeast, boot into the new partition and install the 2 kexts.

gopowergoh said:
Elfmarshland

I just successfully installed lion in my toshiba. I also took out the hdd and plugged it into my other desktop hackintosh. After installion lion I booted into my desktops install of lion and used multibeast and changed the install location to install I my toshiba hdd. After that I rebooted into the the toshiba drive, downloaded the kexts from kexts.com and used kext beast to install the two other kext. So just after multibeast, boot into the new partition and install the 2 kexts.
dude besides lion os installation process would you be kind enough to itemize all the kexts you have used for different components of this laptop, i mean OP has listed his kexts list in word doc but i want to find out if you have used the same kexts as the OP or different ones, and two more very important questions... are you able to find kext for WIFI? and in case of audio does microphone work, built in one and the external jack one?

thanks

OP = original poster/thread starter

Upon booting into the laptop drive from the laptop, I'm getting 'Should have 4 threads, but only found 5 for Die 0 .... i386/cpu_threads.c:1141 (panic). ... from other threads it seems like it is not detecting the cpu correctly. Any ideas? (BIOs setting?, CPU kext?)... or did I just now follow instructions to a T?

toneofmac said:
dude besides lion os installation process would you be kind enough to itemize all the kexts you have used for different components of this laptop, i mean OP has listed his kexts list in word doc but i want to find out if you have used the same kexts as the OP or different ones, and two more very important questions... are you able to find kext for WIFI? and in case of audio does microphone work, built in one and the external jack one?

thanks

OP = original poster/thread starter

So after installing Lion on my HDD
I ran multibeast from a different hdd and used the exact same settings as the OP
(Multibeast settings:

Easybeast Install
System utilities (rebuild caches/repair utilities)
Audio – VoodooHDA 0.2.72
Miscellaneous – FakeSMC plugins
Voodoo PS2 Keyboard
Voodoo trackpad
Chimera 1.4.1 r877
Boot options – 32 bit GraphicsEnabler=no
System Definition – Macbook Pro 8,1

Then I rebooted into the Toshiba Laptops hdd from my desktop and downloaded AtherosL1cEthernet.kext and VoodooBattery.kext from kexts.com and used kext beast to install those.

I will add the two kexts here. I then stuck the hdd back in my c655 and it booted without much problems.

a couple major things not working:
sleep
Wifi Card
VGA out
brightness

The internal Mic is working, I had to go into sys pref and change the output. I didnt have the proper equipment to check the external jack.

The n10 that the OP suggested works, but its not a native solution. It does not use airport. I have a broadcom card that worked with airport from my old eee 901 hackintosh that I may attempt to put into this laptop. Ive tried sleep enabler and some other cmos reset fixes but sleep is still a no go. The tilde button seems to be mapped to a different symbol too. Sleep is quite frustrating tho... I hope someone can fix it. Ive tried, but i'm not smart enough to figure it out on my own

elfmarshland said:
Upon booting into the laptop drive from the laptop, I'm getting 'Should have 4 threads, but only found 5 for Die 0 .... i386/cpu_threads.c:1141 (panic). ... from other threads it seems like it is not detecting the cpu correctly. Any ideas? (BIOs setting?, CPU kext?)... or did I just now follow instructions to a T?

elfmarshland,
Was it able to boot in your other hackintosh/real mac? What steps did you do? Dumb question but I will ask because I was almost tricked at bestbuy, are you sure you have
C655-S5212 and not some other c655-xxxxx. This should be an i3. I ALMOST bought a c655 at bestbuy that was not an i3 but luckily my wife had me double check.

Attachments

• KEXTS.zip
    90.1 KB · Views: 127
Last edited by a moderator:
elfmarshland,
Was it able to boot in your other hackintosh/real mac? What steps did you do? Dumb question but I will ask because I was almost tricked at bestbuy, are you sure you have
C655-S5212 and not some other c655-xxxxx. This should be an i3. I ALMOST bought a c655 at bestbuy that was not an i3 but luckily my wife had me double check.

Yes.. looked on bottom "C655-S5212 SYSTEM UNIT" and it has an i3.

Ok, they say you do not learn unless you try. Learned my lesson on this, which is you can use this procedure on an existing Lion install from another computer. Have to start with a fresh Lion install.. which should have been obvious ... I've now got this going.

By the way, where did you get that awesome carbon fiber mod?

Thanks.

c655-s5212

DUDES

Any luck on finding WIFI kext???????

Anybody able to use the external monitor yet??????

Any success on full 64bit boot???????

I talked to the OP and he returned his Toshiba so it looks like we are on our own. I tried installing my broadcom card and I temporarily had airport working with it but it stopped working. I have to try something new. I might try a different card. Our laptop has a half card so I had to hack away some plastic to get my full size card to fit.

Last edited by a moderator:
I installed a broadcom card and a broadcom kext and I now have internal wireless working!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back