Contribute
Register

Guide to Installing Mavericks on HP Probook

I can get into the installer and everything, but it tells me I cannot boot up from the disk with 10.8.5 on it already. What am I supposed to do?

I can get into the installer and everything, but it tells me I cannot boot up from the disk with 10.8.5 on it already. What am I supposed to do?

Is your disk formatted GPT?

I successfully created a Mavericks bootable partition on my SSD that I have placed into the disc bay of my 4530s. My laptop recognizes the bootable partition and allows me to try booting with it.

The problem is that it then quickly scrolls through some white text on a black screen, flashes the Apple logo for a half-second, and then restarts my laptop taking me back to the boot drive selection screen. I've tried several time and it continues to do it. Any ideas how to get the bootable Mavericks install drive to follow through with booting up and beginning the install process?

I successfully created a Mavericks bootable partition on my SSD that I have placed into the disc bay of my 4530s. My laptop recognizes the bootable partition and allows me to try booting with it.

What exactly does that mean? Have you created a Unibeast USB and used it to install to that partition?

The problem is that it then quickly scrolls through some white text on a black screen, flashes the Apple logo for a half-second, and then restarts my laptop taking me back to the boot drive selection screen. I've tried several time and it continues to do it. Any ideas how to get the bootable Mavericks install drive to follow through with booting up and beginning the install process?

Are you following the guide in post #1? If so, what step are you on?

I created a Unibeast USB on a 8GB partition on my SSD. I have completed steps 1 - 7 but the installer won't load. White text quickly scrolls, the Apple logo flashes quickly and then my laptop restarts.

I created a Unibeast USB on a 8GB partition on my SSD. I have completed steps 1 - 7 but the installer won't load. White text quickly scrolls, the Apple logo flashes quickly and then my laptop restarts.

What hardware do you have? Your profile might contain a typo (4350s ??).

If you meant 4530s, then you should be seeing no text, because you should be writing no boot flags...

One thing I encountered during the probook installer portion is after making my selection and clicking next, I saw a message saying "these kernel drivers are not supported... etc, contact your driver vendor." And the system froze. I hard restarted and it seems like it works. Wifi and sound works and everything seems to be humming nicely.

Since I made a new partition for 10.9, my chameleon doesn't see the mavericks partition. Now it fails to boot after I changed it to boot0 (what the chameleon wizard recommends for two osx partitions on the same disk). I can still boot with unibeast, but how to fix this?

Also, you do not need to press ESC followed by F9. Just press F9 works fine.

One thing I encountered during the probook installer portion is after making my selection and clicking next, I saw a message saying "these kernel drivers are not supported... etc, contact your driver vendor." And the system froze. I hard restarted and it seems like it works. Wifi and sound works and everything seems to be humming nicely.

Everything but the freeze is normal. The message is about unsigned kexts as Mavericks is now supporting signed kexts, and will report a warning when you use unsigned kexts. Most, if not all, kexts for hackintosh are unsigned.

Since I made a new partition for 10.9, my chameleon doesn't see the mavericks partition. Now it fails to boot after I changed it to boot0 (what the chameleon wizard recommends for two osx partitions on the same disk). I can still boot with unibeast, but how to fix this?

Do you see Chameleon at all? What if you press a key while it is waiting...??

Also, you do not need to press ESC followed by F9. Just press F9 works fine.

Yes, or you can set BIOS to boot to USB first (which is what I do), then you don't have to press anything to boot a USB stick.

What part don't you understand?

Hey rehabman

I don't understand this bit (go easy on me I'm a noob)

So, copy the Mini-SSDT-DualLink.aml from your Downloads to the clipboard,

What is a "Mini-SSDT-DualLink.aml???????? Why would this be in my downloads? Do I need to download one? Generate one? Where do I pull this thing out off??

This bit I'm okay with...

navigate to the Unibeast drive's /Extra folder, and paste it. Then rename it to ssdt.aml.

Appreciate your response..

Back