Contribute
Register

Guide to Installing Mavericks on HP Probook

They are probably waiting moderation... It probably doesn't do any good to post the same thing more than once.

Thank you RehabMan:)

After successful Mavericks installation on my HP ProBook 4730, everything works except WiFi. I did try to install Atheros patch and Wifi is recognized, trying to search for APs, but nothing of APs not found...

Does anyone solve similar problem ?

Thanks, regards Petr

After successful Mavericks installation on my HP ProBook 4730, everything works except WiFi. I did try to install Atheros patch and Wifi is recognized, trying to search for APs, but nothing of APs not found...

Does anyone solve similar problem ?

Thanks, regards Petr

Are you certain you have an Atheros WiFi card? If you do, have you verified good antenna connection? Does the card work in Windows or Linux?

Successfully update from 10.8.5 to 10.9 ... i have regenerated the DSDT like for bios update with Probook installer 6.1.9 ( thanks Rehabman for the tutorial ) ..
I noticed i thing on my 4530s , when i press the power button ( logged to osx ) .. monitor turn off ( if i press again monitor turn on ) instead of the popup for turn off/reboot etc .
Is a 10.9 feature or is an "issue" ?

Successfully update from 10.8.5 to 10.9 ... i have regenerated the DSDT like for bios update with Probook installer 6.1.9 ( thanks Rehabman for the tutorial ) ..
I noticed i thing on my 4530s , when i press the power button ( logged to osx ) .. monitor turn off ( if i press again monitor turn on ) instead of the popup for turn off/reboot etc .
Is a 10.9 feature or is an "issue" ?

It is a feature -- same on my MacBookAir6,2. Ctrl+PowerButton gives you the menu.

On previous version OS X 10.8.5 WiFi connection worked well... AP is working, my mobile is normally connected through WiFi.

On previous version OS X 10.8.5 WiFi connection worked well... AP is working, my mobile is normally connected through WiFi.

No... that is not what I asked.
I asked whether the WiFi on this computer is working on Linux or Windows right now.

If so, try a fresh install to a separate partition and see what the result is.

Also, maybe you have it turned off? Check BIOS settings. Try using hardware button (be patient -- it takes time to start finding networks from the time you turn it on).

So I still removed Wifi in Network section of System Preferences, then add Wifi again back and now is working !

Thanks a lot for your help...

So I still removed Wifi in Network section of System Preferences, then add Wifi again back and now is working !

Thanks a lot for your help...

Nice to hear you have it working!

Damaged config, I guess... I would have mentioned that, but I guess I figured you had already tried that (removing/adding the network interface).

Back