Contribute
Register

Guide To Install Yosemite on HP Laptops with Clover UEFI

Hello again :)
Some times ago (after successfully installed OS X 10.10.2) i tried to install Windows UEFI on my laptop, but faced with some troubles.
I write here 2 times:
1 -- post #2375 (http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-proboo...te-hp-laptops-clover-uefi-238.html#post972201)
2 -- post #2692 (http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-proboo...te-hp-laptops-clover-uefi-270.html#post986018)
I tried a lot of things: original windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10(TP) ISOs downloaded from msdn; various action sequences with driver partitions; install windows first on a clean drive and etc. (tried all that I could find on the Internet) -- but every time I got the same result -- "Windows could not update the computer's boot configuration. Installation cannot proceed".
I found a lot of solution for CSM-enabled UEFI. But this option
unavailable in 6-series laptops like my 4530s.
So I got a question: Is it possible to dualboot OS X and windows on 6-series laptops? If yes, what I should do? It's time when I really need windows-based soft for education process, but also need OS X based soft for development :|

Update your BIOS to the latest first.

Hello,

in the, 2b. (Manual way), the last step ''Copy BaseSystem.dmg and BaseSystem.chunklist (hidden files) from OS X Install ESD to the root of OS X Base System (on your USB)'' the icons are grey, is that ok?

Hello,

in the, 2b. (Manual way), the last step ''Copy BaseSystem.dmg and BaseSystem.chunklist (hidden files) from OS X Install ESD to the root of OS X Base System (on your USB)'' the icons are grey, is that ok?

No problem. Grey indicates that they are hidden files.

Hello again :)
Some times ago (after successfully installed OS X 10.10.2) i tried to install Windows UEFI on my laptop, but faced with some troubles.
I write here 2 times:
1 -- post #2375 (http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-proboo...te-hp-laptops-clover-uefi-238.html#post972201)
2 -- post #2692 (http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-proboo...te-hp-laptops-clover-uefi-270.html#post986018)
I tried a lot of things: original windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10(TP) ISOs downloaded from msdn; various action sequences with driver partitions; install windows first on a clean drive and etc. (tried all that I could find on the Internet) -- but every time I got the same result -- "Windows could not update the computer's boot configuration. Installation cannot proceed".
I found a lot of solution for CSM-enabled UEFI. But this option
unavailable in 6-series laptops like my 4530s.
So I got a question: Is it possible to dualboot OS X and windows on 6-series laptops? If yes, what I should do? It's time when I really need windows-based soft for education process, but also need OS X based soft for development :|

Please provide details on what you're attempting to do.

Please provide details on what you're attempting to do.
Start point: I have installed OS X on partition1 and empty partition2 formatted as HFS+.
Then I download win8 (for example) ISO from msdn and copy all content of ISO to FAT-formatted usb-stick.
Then I press f9 at boot and choose Boot from EFI file -> my usb-stick with windows -> efi -> boot -> bootx64.efi
Then installation menu show up, I delete prepared partition2 and create new partition instead of this (format button is unavailable because windows can't work with HFS+ FS).
Then I see steps for installing windows:
Copying Windows files -- ok
Expanding Windows files -- ok
Installing features -- ok
Installing updates -- ok
Completing installation -- at this step a saw error-window which says: "Windows could not update the computer's boot configuration. Installation cannot proceed" 335237.jpeg
After clicking OK and waiting some time installation menu appears again.

I noticed that after all of this Microsoft folder appears in EFI partition. (but booting clover with windows efi-file or directly from efi-file lead to black screen with only _ symbol at top right corner of display)
Also if I start installing windows on partition2 again (formatted with windows installer on previous try) I saw a message that this partition contains Windows and it will move to Windows.old folder if I continue.

So, seems like I said all what I do :)

Start point: I have installed OS X on partition1 and empty partition2 formatted as HFS+.
Then I download win8 (for example) ISO from msdn and copy all content of ISO to FAT-formatted usb-stick.
Then I press f9 at boot and choose Boot from EFI file -> my usb-stick with windows -> efi -> boot -> bootx64.efi
Then installation menu show up, I delete prepared partition2 and create new partition instead of this (format button is unavailable because windows can't work with HFS+ FS).
Then I see steps for installing windows:
Copying Windows files -- ok
Expanding Windows files -- ok
Installing features -- ok
Installing updates -- ok
Completing installation -- at this step a saw error-window which says: "Windows could not update the computer's boot configuration. Installation cannot proceed"View attachment 128501
After clicking OK and waiting some time installation menu appears again.

I noticed that after all of this Microsoft folder appears in EFI partition. (but booting clover with windows efi-file or directly from efi-file lead to black screen with only _ symbol at top right corner of display)
Also if I start installing windows on partition2 again (formatted with windows installer on previous try) I saw a message that this partition contains Windows and it will move to Windows.old folder if I continue.

So, seems like I said all what I do :)

What version of Windows?

Windows 8 professional x64
also tried win7 pro x64, win8.1 pro x64 and win10 x64

I've never had any issue... How did you originally partition your drive? Are you installing to the main SATA device?

Back