Contribute
Register

Guide To Install Yosemite on HP Laptops with Clover UEFI

Oh my bad. I tried with other usb port and it worked. Usb 3.0 port caused

The serial number PBI provided is not valid. How can i contact Apple to activate Facetime?

The serial number PBI provided is not valid. How can i contact Apple to activate Facetime?

Why do you think it's invalid?

Remember we can't use real Serial Number, because of privacy problems when you real a S/N from a real mac.

running 10.10.2 on 4530s, i had to install ioath3kfrmwr to fix usb issue,

trying to wake from usb, is this possible with this model, seems i can only wake using the power button.

Why do you think it's invalid?

Remember we can't use real Serial Number, because of privacy problems when you real a S/N from a real mac.

Note that I intentionally make all my serials invalid by making them begin with G0 (made in the US). That way it is more likely to be unique and not match with any existing real Mac.

running 10.10.2 on 4530s, i had to install ioath3kfrmwr to fix usb issue,

trying to wake from usb, is this possible with this model, seems i can only wake using the power button.

The 4530s is power button only.

You have HD4600 or HD4400. Use appropriate config.plist.

If you're getting a reboot, most likely you didn't copy config.plist correctly.

Follow post #1 very carefully.

Thank you very much.
Yosemite installation with correct config.plist was successfull.
Now Yosemite boots and works.

After this, i copy (with gparted) windows 8 X64 partitions (system and os) to a empty partition in the same hdd where i installed yosemite.

Actually clover at boot "doesn't see" windows 8 partition, sure i missed something to set clover to boot to windows 8 too.
Can you help me please?

Bios is configured to hybrid boot.
As attachment you can view my actual partition map (window partition is original from hp probook 450 g2)

P.S.: this hdd boots from external usb case, maybe can be a issue?

Thank you for any suggestion,
Lewix

Attachments

• IMG_20150306_131104.jpg
    IMG_20150306_131104.jpg
    992.9 KB · Views: 133
Thank you very much.
Yosemite installation with correct config.plist was successfull.
Now Yosemite boots and works.

After this, i copy (with gparted) windows 8 X64 partitions (system and os) to a empty partition in the same hdd where i installed yosemite.

Actually clover at boot "doesn't see" windows 8 partition, sure i missed something to set clover to boot to windows 8 too.
Can you help me please?

Bios is configured to hybrid boot.
As attachment you can view my actual partition map (window partition is original from hp probook 450 g2)

P.S.: this hdd boots from external usb case, maybe can be a issue?

Thank you for any suggestion,
Lewix

Read the guide again. Your Windows 8 is Legacy, so you have to do something to make it appear.

It's better to reinstall Windows 8 UEFI.

Again, please make sure you read the guide before asking. It's only 1 hour to read.

Read the guide again. Your Windows 8 is Legacy, so you have to do something to make it appear.

It's better to reinstall Windows 8 UEFI.

Again, please make sure you read the guide before asking. It's only 1 hour to read.

Ok thank you again!

Back