Contribute
Register

Guide To Install Yosemite on HP Laptops with Clover UEFI

after Clover . I get to clover screen I select windows and then it goes to windows Boot manager.

after Clover . I get to clover screen I select windows and then it goes to windows Boot manager.

Are there multiple listings for Windows inside Clover? If so, make sure you're selecting the one for EFI boot from the device which has Windows installed.

no there's only 3 selections.
1 windows
2 Mac OSX
3 Recovery

no there's only 3 selections.
1 windows
2 Mac OSX
3 Recovery

How does the Windows entry read? Make sure there aren't additional items that you can scroll to...

You may need to copy the EFI configuration (EFI/Microsoft) to your main drive.

I assume you have a 4530s. In that case you likely have AR3011 BT as part of an AR5B195 WiFi combo card (AR9285+AR3011).

See here for IOath3kfrmwr.kext: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Atheros-3k-Firmware

Please, in the future, use quoted replies.

I have managed to get the webcam working by disabling the native IOBT kext, I can live without BT.

Yosemite doesn't allow unsigned kext to load so I had to make a compromise. Have a few rare graphic glitches now but nothing too bad.

Thank you again.

I have managed to get the webcam working by disabling the native IOBT kext, I can live without BT.

Yosemite doesn't allow unsigned kext to load so I had to make a compromise. Have a few rare graphic glitches now but nothing too bad.

Thank you again.

Yosemite allows unsigned kexts with kernel flag kext-dev-mode=1.

You should already be using the flag as it is required for the various kexts that are installed by PBI-CE.

Yosemite allows unsigned kexts with kernel flag kext-dev-mode=1.

You should already be using the flag as it is required for the various kexts that are installed by PBI-CE.

You are right, I just checked for the flag. But it still refuses to load when I copy it to my /s/l/e folder. I get an alert box after I try to rebuild the cache.

You are right, I just checked for the flag. But it still refuses to load when I copy it to my /s/l/e folder. I get an alert box after I try to rebuild the cache.

Did you read the text in the alert carefully?

Did you read the text in the alert carefully?

Improperly installed and it will not be loaded. I searched for that and the people are reporting the new feature in Yosemite that is preventing unsigned kext to load.

When I try kextload:

failed to load - (libkern/kext) authentication failure (file ownership/permissions);

Improperly installed and it will not be loaded. I searched for that and the people are reporting the new feature in Yosemite that is preventing unsigned kext to load.

Just use kext wizard to install the kext and forget all about those unsigned kext. kext-dev-mode=1 is enough.

Back