Contribute
Register

Guide To Install Yosemite on HP Laptops with Clover UEFI

Did you install BTFirmwareUploader.kext? It is an optional install...

yes i did, it works only after booting from /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/CLOVERX64.efi, it won't work if i don't select from "Boot from EFI file" to boot that file.

yes i did, it works only after booting from /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/CLOVERX64.efi, it won't work if i don't select from "Boot from EFI file" to boot that file.

From what device are you booting (in the normal case)? The HP BIOS will boot from /EFI/BOOT/BOOTX64.efi, which should be the same file as /EFI/CLOVER/CLOVERX64.efi.

Is BTFirmwareUploader.kext installed to /S/L/E?

I found this one:
drwxr-xr-x 3 root wheel 102 Nov 14 08:56 ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin_MacBookPro9_2.kext

Should i change the SMBIOS to something else?
If you have a Sandy Bridge CPU, the ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin_MacBookPro9_2.kext fixes the problem with speedstep on 4540s (7-series motherboad). Without it, the multiplier will be stuck at x28.

Yes and it works well. Thanks for you and nguyenmac :)

From what device are you booting (in the normal case)? The HP BIOS will boot from /EFI/BOOT/BOOTX64.efi, which should be the same file as /EFI/CLOVER/CLOVERX64.efi.

Is BTFirmwareUploader.kext installed to /S/L/E?

its booting from /EFI/BOOT/BOOTX64.efi, i have only OS X on my disk, but BT is only working when i select to boot from /EFI/CLOVER/CLOVERX64.efi

BTFirmwareUploader.kext is in /S/L/E

its booting from /EFI/BOOT/BOOTX64.efi, i have only OS X on my disk, but BT is only working when i select to boot from /EFI/CLOVER/CLOVERX64.efi

Check your files to be certain /EFI/CLOVER/ClOVERX64.efi and /EFI/BOOT/BOOTX64.efi are the same.

Check your files to be certain /EFI/CLOVER/ClOVERX64.efi and /EFI/BOOT/BOOTX64.efi are the same.

they are same, i have messed up something, and BT won't connect to my iPhone... i will try with reinstalling OS X...

they are same, i have messed up something, and BT won't connect to my iPhone... i will try with reinstalling OS X...

If they are the same, it is not logical there is a difference between booting with one or the other.

If they are the same, it is not logical there is a difference between booting with one or the other.

i know, but when i delete BOOTX64.efi it won't boot, is there any difference from manually selecting boot file and automatic boot?

Back