Contribute
Register

Guide To Install Yosemite on HP Laptops with Clover UEFI

Hey there, i have 4540s with lowres display, everything worked fine and according to the guide in the first post. But i have one question. I had 10.8 previously and what i discovered after installing 10.10 is that the left side of the laptop has hugely increased heat in contrast to the 10.8 especially in the part left from the touchpad. Probably is the cpu or gpu. The fan sounds quiter i installed all possible fan options from the proobook installer but none seems to increase fans. The temp of the processors is averaging around 45-47 degrees. I also noticed that the battery has shorter life. Is this due to larger demands of cpu/gpu usage by the 10.10 or is it some kexts that are not working okay? Is it possible to turn off some services or lower the graphic demands or just live with it?

You can choose only one fan patch. Not sure what happens if you select all of them...

Post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply to an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

You can choose only one fan patch. Not sure what happens if you select all of them...

Post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply to an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

No, no, no i did not install all of them i tried them one by one, runing the probook installer separatelly for each, restarting and using it for a while to see if there are changes. Attached is the ioreg

View attachment MacBookPro.zip

No, no, no i did not install all of them i tried them one by one, runing the probook installer separatelly for each, restarting and using it for a while to see if there are changes. Attached is the ioreg

View attachment 114726

I notice you're using MacBookPro9,2 but have a Sandy Bridge CPU. Do you have ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin_MacBookPro9_2.kext (injector kext) installed to /S/L/E? Make sure you repair permissions & rebuild cache, then boot a couple of times...

Given you can replace the built-in Realtek WiFi you have with a compatible card, using USB WiFi on a 4540s is a mistake.

But I have no idea from ioreg what fan patch you're using...

Download patchmatic: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-MaciASL-patchmatic.
Extract the 'patchmatic' binary from the ZIP. Copy it to /usr/bin, such that you have the binary at /usr/bin/patchmatic.

In terminal,
Code:
rm -Rf ~/Downloads/RehabMan
mkdir ~/Downloads/RehabMan
cd ~/Downloads/RehabMan
patchmatic -extract

Post contents of Downloads/RehabMan directory (as ZIP).

I notice you're using MacBookPro9,2 but have a Sandy Bridge CPU. Do you have ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin_MacBookPro9_2.kext (injector kext) installed to /S/L/E? Make sure you repair permissions & rebuild cache, then boot a couple of times...

I just installed the Yosemite and run the ProoBook Installer with different kinds of options two or three times. I dont recall installing such .kext should I? or should i change the MacBookPro9,2 somehow?

Given you can replace the built-in Realtek WiFi you have with a compatible card, using USB WiFi on a 4540s is a mistake.

I live in a country where you buy laptop in WYSIWYG style from a store :D ordering an online spare part is a 3-5 weeks hell with customs/post offices/companies and tons of money :D I would have changed the display also :D

Attached is the patchmatic -extract View attachment RehabMan.zip

I just installed the Yosemite and run the ProoBook Installer with different kinds of options two or three times. I dont recall installing such .kext should I? or should i change the MacBookPro9,2 somehow?

You should check. I do not know if this change was made in the ProBook Installer, or if it was properly implememented. A simple look at /S/L/E will tell you.

I live in a country where you buy laptop in WYSIWYG style from a store :D ordering an online spare part is a 3-5 weeks hell with customs/post offices/companies and tons of money :D I would have changed the display also :D

You would think ordering a USB WiFi would be the same as ordering a half-mini PCIe WiFi. Both are the same ... just a different package/form factor.

Attached is the patchmatic -extract View attachment 114735

You are using the "original" fan patch. There are other fan patches you can try if you wish to change the behavior of the fan, including just leaving it to bios defaults ("fan readings only").

You should check. I do not know if this change was made in the ProBook Installer, or if it was properly implememented. A simple look at /S/L/E will tell you.

I found this one:
drwxr-xr-x 3 root wheel 102 Nov 14 08:56 ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin_MacBookPro9_2.kext

Should i change the SMBIOS to something else?

Should i change the SMBIOS to something else?

No.

I found this one:
drwxr-xr-x 3 root wheel 102 Nov 14 08:56 ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin_MacBookPro9_2.kext

Make sure it is active by repair permissions & rebuild cache, reboot 2x.

I'm able to get to install yosemite, but when my probook restarts and follow "10. Restart and press F9 to choose Boot devices > Boot from EFI file > choose your Clover bootloader partition > EFI > Boot > BOOTX64.efi". But on my Clover Partition it just shows "/" and "Exit" and nothing else....

I'm using HD4000 1600x900 for 6 series plist.

Thanks,

Steve

I'm able to get to install yosemite, but when my probook restarts and follow "10. Restart and press F9 to choose Boot devices > Boot from EFI file > choose your Clover bootloader partition > EFI > Boot > BOOTX64.efi". But on my Clover Partition it just shows "/" and "Exit" and nothing else....

Are you certain you're browsing the correct device? You should still be looking at the USB at that point, not the EFI on the HDD. Pay attention to the device you choose with F9.

Back