Contribute
Register

Guide To Install Yosemite on HP Laptops with Clover UEFI

Keep in mind 6-series (NEC/Renasas) USB3 is not stable in Yosemite...
only port that works is the right handside the one closest to the dvd drive. not sure if that usb 2 or usb 3.

only port that works is the right handside the one closest to the dvd drive. not sure if that usb 2 or usb 3.

I don't have USB3 on my 4530s so I can't tell you...

I don't have USB3 on my 4530s so I can't tell you...
maybe i dont, i just check the model dont seem have any usb 3.0...not sure why 3/4 will not work?

maybe i dont, i just check the model dont seem have any usb 3.0...not sure why 3/4 will not work?

It is easy to see in ioreg or in DPCIManager->PCI List, or from "lspci -nn" in Linux Terminal.

Looks like some sort of bluetooth problem...

Rehabman: You could think that, yes. But it seems that it is more a dedicated to the serial port. If you disable the serial port in BIOS, then it is no problem to boot but bluetooth stops working. Vice versa if you disable bluetooth and leave serial port on, bluetooth also stops working but you cannot boot while docked, as the same kernel panic appears. This is why I think it is not a bluetooth but a serial port problem.

I have no idea why bluetooth and the serial port are dedicated that way. Do you have an idea?

BTW: After the boot you can connect the docking station without any issue. Also this problem does NOT appears for an EliteBook 2x70p/2x60p. I cannot verify it for ProBook 6x60b/6x70b. But with ProBook 640 G1 this problems appears.

Bad idea. The older (non-Clover) ProBook Installer does not support Yosemite.

Was not talking about old probe installers but about new clover version. just the one which is more than a month old
HPProBookInstallerClover Edition 206.2.12.2.zip

will the DPCImanager for 10.8 or 10.7 work with yosemite?
i have not idea how to get the ioreg.

ok, finally got it fix i think.
use the install usb boot to clove screen Press F4 then get into yosemite, and rerun PBI installer version 6.2.12.2 that seem fix the usbs not working after sleep, you need to use kext wizard to do a rebuild to get the sound back. after rebuild it fixed sound issue, but it bring up restart issue after sleep.
remove btfirmwareuploader.kext fix the restart issue.

Back