Contribute
Register

Guide To Install Yosemite on HP Laptops with Clover UEFI

@nguyenmac,

As part of putting this guide together: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...oting-os-x-installer-laptops-clover-uefi.html

And the related github repo with config.plist files: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Clover-Laptop-Config

... I discovered something ...

config.plist/Devices/Properties is broken in Clover. It just doesn't work... no injections ever make it to ioreg. Since the 4530s can work without HD3000 injections (most of the time), the current config.plists you have for HD3000 are unaffected by this problem.

But it would be better if the proper injections (snb-platform-id, etc) were actually happening...

Turns out there is a better way than /Devices/Properties in Clover: AddProperty.

If you look at the HD3000 config.plists I put together at the github repo, you can see how they work.

/Devices/NoDefaultProperties=Yes
/Devices/AddProperties (three to four properties, depending on configuration)
AAPL,DualLink
AAPL,snb-platform-id
AAPL,os-info (for Snow Leopard)
hda-gfx (more of a post-install thing, feel free to omit)​
/Graphics/Inject/Intel=true

It will be interesting to see how this works out for the "mixed" configurations. I'm not sure of the interaction between NoDefaultProperties and the injections required for FakeID/IMEI... I think it will work though because FakeID/IMEI is handled as a DSDT patch instead of EFI inject.

I have actually used these same config.plist files to install Yosemite, Mavericks, ML, Lion, and SL on my 4530s (SL requires a patched kernel, and latest Clover because of bugs I (recently) fixed in Clover's AsusAICPUPM for SL).

@nguyenmac,

As part of putting this guide together: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...oting-os-x-installer-laptops-clover-uefi.html

And the related github repo with config.plist files: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Clover-Laptop-Config

... I discovered something ...

config.plist/Devices/Properties is broken in Clover. It just doesn't work... no injections ever make it to ioreg. Since the 4530s can work without HD3000 injections (most of the time), the current config.plists you have for HD3000 are unaffected by this problem.

But it would be better if the proper injections (snb-platform-id, etc) were actually happening...

Turns out there is a better way than /Devices/Properties in Clover: AddProperty.

If you look at the HD3000 config.plists I put together at the github repo, you can see how they work.

/Devices/NoDefaultProperties=Yes
/Devices/AddProperties (three to four properties, depending on configuration)
AAPL,DualLink
AAPL,snb-platform-id
AAPL,os-info (for Snow Leopard)
hda-gfx (more of a post-install thing, feel free to omit)
/Graphics/Inject/Intel=true

It will be interesting to see how this works out for the "mixed" configurations. I'm not sure of the interaction between NoDefaultProperties and the injections required for FakeID/IMEI... I think it will work though because FakeID/IMEI is handled as a DSDT patch instead of EFI inject.

I have actually used these same config.plist files to install Yosemite, Mavericks, ML, Lion, and SL on my 4530s (SL requires a patched kernel, and latest Clover because of bugs I (recently) fixed in Clover's AsusAICPUPM for SL).

Right, neat config.plist. I will change Devices/Properties to /Devices/AddProperties.

Also, you should set Custom Entries for UEFI Internal Disabled=False, Hidden=Always (String), due to the new changes in Clover.

I'm just lazy to change pre-post files though, and it's not that important.

EDIT: Config.zip is updated.

Also, you should set Custom Entries for UEFI Internal Disabled=False, Hidden=Always (String), due to the new changes in Clover.

Thanks. I'll look at yours for details... I'm not worried about the entries displayed being pretty, and would rather have more entries show up than less, but I'll test.

I'm just lazy to change pre-post files though, and it's not that important.

Not sure what you mean by 'pre-post'...

Hello everybody,

I have HP ProBook 450 G1 (E9Y54EA)
i5-4200M (2.5 ГГц)
Intel HD Graphics 4600

I had an audio issue after Yosemite installation.
My notebook has audio device IDT 92HD91BXX.
The ProBook installer didn't help me to solve the audio issue, so I google and found next solution.
I just installed next kexts and that's all. I used Kext Wizard.

Hope my post will help somebody.
View attachment IDT_92HD91BXX.zip

Disable fast booot in bios.

HI again... Fast boot was originally off. Anyways, i used unibeast method and it detected the usb and i then booted the partition. all went well but i have two main issues now

1 No audio, i tried lots of suggestion around using kext wizard but nothing worked
2 My two USB ports are acting weard when i try to load flash drive it starts ejection it and loads it, this goes on and on but if i restart with the same USB already in then it will act normal but when computer goes to sleep it again does the same thing after waking up.

I am using a 4530s Probook

Thanks again

HI again... Fast boot was originally off. Anyways, i used unibeast method and it detected the usb and i then booted the partition. all went well but i have two main issues now

1 No audio, i tried lots of suggestion around using kext wizard but nothing worked
2 My two USB ports are acting weard when i try to load flash drive it starts ejection it and loads it, this goes on and on but if i restart with the same USB already in then it will act normal but when computer goes to sleep it again does the same thing after waking up.

I am using a 4530s Probook

Thanks again

Read post #1. Follow the Clover guide. There are no plans to create a ProBook Installer using Unibeast/Chameleon for Yosemite.

Hello everybody,

I have HP ProBook 450 G1 (E9Y54EA)
i5-4200M (2.5 ГГц)
Intel HD Graphics 4600

I had an audio issue after Yosemite installation.
My notebook has audio device IDT 92HD91BXX.
The ProBook installer didn't help me to solve the audio issue, so I google and found next solution.
I just installed next kexts and that's all. I used Kext Wizard.

Hope my post will help somebody.
View attachment 112793

You should have followed the guide in post #1...

Your audio will now break after each OS X update...

Read post #1. Follow the Clover guide. There are no plans to create a ProBook Installer using Unibeast/Chameleon for Yosemite.

thanks for a quick reply.. I'm not using Chameleon... i just used that flash drive to load other flash with the UEFI method and later on i used probe installer to install clover with which I'm booting the os. I'm not suing Chameleon..

You should have followed the guide in post #1...

Your audio will now break after each OS X update...

I tried to fix audio issue as it is described in post #1.
Each time I used Kext Wizard to repair permission/ rebuild cache, but it didn't give any results. I tried about 20 times. :(

So that is why I started to search alternative way to solve the problem...
Maybe I did something wrong. I don't know.
:(

I tried to fix audio issue as it is described in post #1.
Each time I used Kext Wizard to repair permission/ rebuild cache, but it didn't give any results. I tried about 20 times. :(

So that is why I started to search alternative way to solve the problem...
Maybe I did something wrong. I don't know.
:(

Probably incorrect selections in the ProBook Installer...

And the correct way to deal with audio (assuming the correct selections were made in the ProBook Installer)...

- repair permissions & rebuild cache (check system.log for any errors during the rebuild)
- reboot
- reboot again

Back