Contribute
Register

Guide To Install Yosemite on HP Laptops with Clover UEFI

my goodness

I was looking for this answer since three days ...

Thanks Rehabman for all your efforts and time for this forum

I just unplugged my wifi and installer boots like a charm

I have Atheros AR5B195, what should I do now to make it compatible?

I disable BT on my AR5B195 (taping pins on the card).

But in theory AR3011 BT is "working" (if you can call it that) with either IOath3kfrmwrk.kext or BTFirmwareUploader.kext. The former is open source, the latter is not.

Why do you select "Patch DSDT only"??????????

That was the problem, now I'm up and running Yosemite on HP Elitebook 820 G1.

Note: My bad, I did not see a scroll bar on the side of clover and when I chose the options the last thing I could see was Patch DSDT only. I figured out later I had to use arrow keys to view the rest of the option.

Many thanks to Nguyenmac and RehabMan for all the hard work on this guide

I disable BT on my AR5B195 (taping pins on the card).

But in theory AR3011 BT is "working" (if you can call it that) with either IOath3kfrmwrk.kext or BTFirmwareUploader.kext. The former is open source, the latter is not.
i did remove BTFirmwareuploader and installed IOath3kfrmwrk with wizard after i download from your source in google.
i see no difference they both don't enable turn off button and sleep issue (doesn't go to sleep), it does drain battery although.

i did remove BTFirmwareuploader and installed IOath3kfrmwrk with wizard after i download from your source in google.
i see no difference they both don't enable turn off button and sleep issue (doesn't go to sleep), it does drain battery although.

The AR3011 BT is worthless anyway... You should probably just disable it and forget about BT...

indeed, disabling in bios is enough right? or should i do tapin?

Last I checked disabling in BIOS doesn't work. Needs tape...

Even better idea: Purchase an AR5BHB92 (AR9280, no BT). Re-brand as HP AR5B195 (actually, your computer doesn't require re-brand). Enjoy no BT and 5Ghz radio.

Greetings!

I want to anounce that I've successfully installed Yosemite on my ProBook 450 G1 using this guide.

Million thanks to RehabMan and nguyenmac for their supports.

However, I have problem with:

Bluetooth (It worked perfectly on Mavericks - using same system): The Bluetooth is installed (maybe). The Icon shows up on the Finder menu bar. But I can't connect with my Phone. (I was able to do this when I had Mavericks installed)
  1. Restart Issue - I'm dual booting with Windows 8. When I restart from Yosemite, it will not show up until the Power key is pressed (at this time, I got to know that the system actually restarts but not as expected - it wakes up invisible). (Same issue when using Mavericks).
  2. Sleep Issue - I expected my Laptop to prompt login page when waking up but it simply go straight to the desktop and the mouse pointer freezes immediately for 2 - 3 seconds before it begins to respond. (I did not experience this when using Mavericks)

Note: I'm using the DSDT and SSDT I used for Mavericks. More so, I'm using the config.plist posted by Rehabman. config file attached.

Thank you very much for your time.

EDITED: Bluetooth is working now.

Attachments

• config.plist
    6.3 KB · Views: 207
Hi all,
I was previously running Chimera bootloader on Mavericks for my Probook 450 G0, all well.
Since following this guide and installing Yosemite with Clover in am experiencing my laptop shutting down suddenly when my battery get to around 10 to 15% of charge.
Any ideas why this is happening? What further configuration do I need to do to resolve the issue?
Many thanks

i cant get pass point 5.
i did 2b, i can get to bootloader screen when i select boot os X from os X base system. the screen show a white apple logo, then screen change again to white apple with a bar under, once i got that screen that's as far as i can go. it shows no movement from the usb or HDD.
probook 4530

Hello!
i followed the procedure and all went well but when i boot clover it is not able to recognize the other os X Yosemite partition. it doesn't show it at all.

thanks in advance

Back