Contribute
Register

Guide To Install Yosemite on HP Laptops with Clover UEFI

Rehabman thx but u can't do it from os x directly, need to boot from recovery or disc)

Rehabman thx but u can't do it from os x directly, need to boot from recovery or disc)

Yes, of course. The reason is that it is difficult to clone a volume that is mounted.

I have the HP Probook 4530s, core i3-2320 CPU (So the Sandy Bridge one).

I have searched the thread with the search thread tool but seems this one has not passed by here.

I converted my screen to a full HD screen ... I get a green screen and can only see about half of the screen on the left side. I managed to install with mouse pointer, tab and space bar. So it is installed and I get to the desktop which looks almost like inverted colours really weird.

In the config.plist selection for Clover I have not been able to discover this laptop with this screen. No mentioning in the thread of 1920 x 1080 resolution either... is there a workaround?

I have the HP Probook 4530s, core i3-2320 CPU (So the Sandy Bridge one).

I have searched the thread with the search thread tool but seems this one has not passed by here.

I converted my screen to a full HD screen ... I get a green screen and can only see about half of the screen on the left side. I managed to install with mouse pointer, tab and space bar. So it is installed and I get to the desktop which looks almost like inverted colours really weird.

In the config.plist selection for Clover I have not been able to discover this laptop with this screen. No mentioning in the thread of 1920 x 1080 resolution either... is there a workaround?

Make sure you use the correct config.plist and settings (HD3000 1600x900, and choose High Resolution from the ProBook Installer when you patch DSDT).

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by silenx
Hello, i see a new config.zip file.
In Config/HD3000 1366x768 the config.plist is different from the one used in my installation pendrive, and is different from the one in my EFI partition.
Do you suggest to copy the new config.plist in the EFI hackintosh partition?

No, it will break your audio or many other things.

So is only for installation pen drive. if so, can i update my pendrive with that config.plist or is better keep the 2 week ago file?

Last edited by a moderator:
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by silenx
Hello, i see a new config.zip file.
In Config/HD3000 1366x768 the config.plist is different from the one used in my installation pendrive, and is different from the one in my EFI partition.
Do you suggest to copy the new config.plist in the EFI hackintosh partition?

So is only for installation pen drive. if so, can i update my pendrive with that config.plist or is better keep the 2 week ago file?

It is simple.

config.zip -> for installation.

ProBook Installer created config.plist -> for final install.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Rehabman:

"Make sure you select the right config file"

Yes I did. But 1600x900 != 1920x1080!

I got there in the end, no worries but the green screen sucked big.. I got it all up and running I think, will revisit post #1 to see if I missed something but for now I am good. I had not seen or worked with Yosemite but it sure looks good. Thanks to everyone helping on this project!

Is there any solution for a Fusion drive?

@Rehabman:

"Make sure you select the right config file"

Yes I did. But 1600x900 != 1920x1080!

I got there in the end, no worries but the green screen sucked big.. I got it all up and running I think, will revisit post #1 to see if I missed something but for now I am good. I had not seen or worked with Yosemite but it sure looks good. Thanks to everyone helping on this project!

Both 1600x900 and 1920x1080 are dual-link. It has been this way for a very long time now (more than 2 years...) It falls into the category of "common sense... pick what is closest"

Hi friends :D in advance give you congratulations for the great work they do :thumbup: and take the opportunity to ask if any of you who are experts on the subject of Mac OS can help me, I am very new to the installation of Mac OS on PC or laptop but I have several Apple devices which want to take advantage, I have an EliteBook 2560p, took several days installing and uninstalling Mac OS, Mavericks and Yosemite with unibeast, win32diskimager and now with the "Guide To Install Yosemite on HP Laptops with clover UEFI "in my first attempts to install the TouchPad working properly but once on the desktop already installed Mac OS stopped working, I had to connect a USB mouse but good to make a long story ...

Thanks to the "Guide To Install Yosemite on HP Laptops with clover UEFI" I've managed to install Yosemite smoothly Touchpad for longer works, but it does not work on Wi-Fi (Note that in my other attempts nor achieves functioning WiFi) I have read ad nauseum that the kexts but not which finally download and where appropriate for my laptop, and want to know if you can have access to it.

Another point is that I want to boot without the USB but installing "HP Probook Installer Edition Clover" and download "Clover UEFI: UEFI bootloader Install Clover" reset the system but remains in the Apple logo, only loads half and not advance more, but if I boot from the USB login again.

Hopefully someone can help, in short my problem is:

Wifi not working
And I can not boot without the USB
It does not show the percentage of the Battery

My wireless network card is:
Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6205 Model 62205ANHMW

bluetooth:
BCM92070MD
Thank you all and sorry haha is that the English use an online translator, I only speak Spanish XD

Back