Contribute
Register

Guide To Install Yosemite on HP Laptops with Clover UEFI

Updated the guide, thanks!

No problem! :)
BTW, till now no problem, my system run smooth.. just a random restart problem (maybe caused by new system installed).
Let's see what will happen..

No problem! :)
BTW, till now no problem, my system run smooth.. just a random restart problem (maybe caused by new system installed).
Let's see what will happen..

The restart problem does not happen to me on DP, it only happens since GM. I rarely see KP on 10.9, but it happens frequently now in 10.10

The restart problem does not happen to me on DP, it only happens since GM. I rarely see KP on 10.9, but it happens frequently now in 10.10

I've not had a single KP since installing 10.10 on my 4540s.

RE: BCM943224HMS. Had a devil of a time getting this to work -- gave up on the upgrade and connected to Ethernet to grab the Yosemite download and create a USB drive to rebuild from scratch. Didn't work either. :( Tried Clover Configurator as well to change to MacBookAir5,2, with no luck.

Then I tried this:

Boot Up > Clover Menu > Options > SMBIOS > Product Name : MacBookAir5,2 > Return > Return > then F4 then boot into OSX

Not a full fix as I have to do this on each reboot, but it does work repeatedly so far. If sleep mode is fixed with this + the fairly new f5.0 BIOS, I can probably live with this for now. Haven't had a screen glitch yet for 1600x900 mode (unlike Mavericks) so might be the lesser of the two evils.

Thanks again @the OP for this great tool / guide!

(EDIT: F4 may only be needed once. Tried rebooting a few times / change to MacBookAir5.2 and no F4 and still working)

RE: BCM943224HMS. Had a devil of a time getting this to work -- gave up on the upgrade and connected to Ethernet to grab the Yosemite download and create a USB drive to rebuild from scratch. Didn't work either. :( Tried Clover Configurator as well to change to MacBookAir5,2, with no luck.

Then I tried this:

Boot Up > Clover Menu > Options > SMBIOS > Product Name : MacBookPro5,2 > Return > Return > then F4 then boot into OSX

Not a full fix as I have to do this on each reboot, but it does work repeatedly so far. If sleep mode is fixed with this + the fairly new f5.0 BIOS, I can probably live with this for now. Haven't had a screen glitch yet for 1600x900 mode (unlike Mavericks) so might be the lesser of the two evils.

Thanks again @the OP for this great tool / guide!

(EDIT: F4 may only be needed once. Tried rebooting a few times / change to MacBookAir5.2 and no F4 and still working)

You don't need to press F4. Btw, please send me your current config.plist, because setting SMBIOS in Menu (you meant MacbookAir5,2 or MacBookPro 5,2?) and in config.plist are the same.

Just update like a real Mac?

Hi, I want to update my HP Probbok 4430s, it's a Mavericks now. In the guide you say that I can update just with the AppStore, but what with Clover? is necessary to migrate my laptop?

You don't need to press F4. Btw, please send me your current config.plist, because setting SMBIOS in Menu (you meant MacbookAir5,2 or MacBookPro 5,2?) and in config.plist are the same.

I did and updated my post, to avoid confusion. Thanks.

I had posted my config.plist in your Mavericks upgrade thread, two days back -- I did try this on my clean install and it did not work. Pretty basic -- just changed the ProductName there to MacBookAir5,2 but for some reason that refuses to allow the Wifi so show up.

I'll keep messing around with it as maybe I can get something more permanent working. EDIT: Just tried the config.plist again and not working, but noticed that when the Wifi works I go into About This Mac and it shows as a MacBook Air 2012 Version. But when the Wifi doesn't work it just shows as a MacBook Air. Maybe it's related.

I did and updated my post, to avoid confusion. Thanks.

I had posted my config.plist in your Mavericks upgrade thread, two days back -- I did try this on my clean install and it did not work. Pretty basic -- just changed the ProductName there to MacBookAir5,2 but for some reason that refuses to allow the Wifi so show up.

I'll keep messing around with it as maybe I can get something more permanent working. EDIT: Just tried the config.plist again and not working, but noticed that when the Wifi works I go into About This Mac and it shows as a MacBook Air 2012 Version. But when the Wifi doesn't work it just shows as a MacBook Air. Maybe it's related.

I hope you're not just changing only the MacBookPro -> MacBookAir string in the config.plist. There is much more to changing smbios than that (board-id, serial#, etc.). Use Clover Configurator to create a valid smbios.

I hope you're not just changing only the MacBookPro -> MacBookAir string in the config.plist. There is much more to changing smbios than that (board-id, serial#, etc.). Use Clover Configurator to create a valid smbios.

That's all I was doing, but over in the upgrade thread I mentioned that I figured I was doing something wrong / missing entries I needed to update (I'm honestly pretty green at messing with the file).

Makes sense and maybe I just need to fiddle with the plist file more. Thanks!

EDIT -- and I'm good, just needed to use the config tool to build out the smbios and embedded that into my config.plist. Reboot and A-OK with Wifi, thanks for pointing me in the right direction on that.

Back