Contribute
Register

Guide To Install Yosemite on HP Laptops with Clover UEFI

Did you re-extract/re-patch DSDT after upgrading BIOS?

not how we did this operation ?
No I do not know how?
There're to make changes ?
I have not done this kind of manipulation

Does there's a tutorial on the forum ?

not how we did this operation ?
No I do not know how?
There're to make changes ?
I have not done this kind of manipulation

Does there's a tutorial on the forum ?

Read post #1.

Read post #1.

Sorry i had not seen, the re-patch DSDT not resolve my problem, but when i disable only load video bios, my 6470M is recognized but 3mb and 1024*800 of resolution.

For re patch dsdt i folow this process,
1. Boot to Clover from USB or HDD, press F4 at Clover screen.

2. Boot to your OS X Yosemite. Download HP Probook Installer here http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-probook...r-edition.html and install with these options:

Config and DSDT patcher:- ProBook model: your Probook Model
- Fan behavior: your desired fan behavior.
- Display type: your display resolution
After making your selections, click 'Continue' and allow the ProBook Installer to work

Sorry i had not seen, the re-patch DSDT not resolve my problem, but when i disable only load video bios, my 6470M is recognized but 3mb and 1024*800 of resolution.

For re patch dsdt i folow this process,
1. Boot to Clover from USB or HDD, press F4 at Clover screen.

2. Boot to your OS X Yosemite. Download HP Probook Installer here http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-probook...r-edition.html and install with these options:

Config and DSDT patcher:- ProBook model: your Probook Model
- Fan behavior: your desired fan behavior.
- Display type: your display resolution
After making your selections, click 'Continue' and allow the ProBook Installer to work

Download patchmatic: https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-maciasl-patchmatic/downloads/RehabMan-patchmatic-2015-0107.zip
Extract the 'patchmatic' binary from the ZIP. Copy it to /usr/bin, such that you have the binary at /usr/bin/patchmatic.

In terminal,
Code:
if [ -d ~/Downloads/RehabMan ]; then rm -R ~/Downloads/RehabMan; fi
mkdir ~/Downloads/RehabMan
cd ~/Downloads/RehabMan
patchmatic -extract

Note: It is easier if you use copy/paste instead of typing the commands manually.

Post contents of Downloads/RehabMan directory (as ZIP).

Also, post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

And output from:
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
kextstat|grep -y applelpc

Also, post EFI/Clover folder (press F4 at main Clover screen before collecting).

Also post output of:
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Hi, while playing a 3d game the battery of my laptop (Elitebook 8460p ATI graphics) drained the batery and suddenly shutted down. After pluggin it the system did not loaded anymore.

Reinstalled Yosemite with Clover UEFI and now it startsup only in safe boot.

Attached verbose screen where it stops:

thanks for your help

Attachments

• 20151130_004427.jpg
    20151130_004427.jpg
    418.4 KB · Views: 54
  • 20151129_235930.jpg
    20151129_235930.jpg
    285.4 KB · Views: 70
  • Troubleshooting 2015-11-29 21-54.zip
    3 MB · Views: 62
Hello!
First of all, thank you for the guide and for the time you spend to solve all the problems! Really apreciate the effort!

I have a HP EliteBook 8470p, everything works well, but I cannot use Facetime or Skype, the camera doesn't work, the ligth is on, but both facetime or skype, the window is black, no image.

I attach the config.list and IOReg file.

Thank you for your help.

Sebastian

Attachments

• config.plist
    5.5 KB · Views: 154
  • IOREG_file.zip
    310.3 KB · Views: 69
Hi, while playing a 3d game the battery of my laptop (Elitebook 8460p ATI graphics) drained the batery and suddenly shutted down. After pluggin it the system did not loaded anymore.

Reinstalled Yosemite with Clover UEFI and now it startsup only in safe boot.

Attached verbose screen where it stops:

thanks for your help

Use older Probook Installer. Compare working EFI to non-working EFI to troubleshoot.

Hello!
First of all, thank you for the guide and for the time you spend to solve all the problems! Really apreciate the effort!

I have a HP EliteBook 8470p, everything works well, but I cannot use Facetime or Skype, the camera doesn't work, the ligth is on, but both facetime or skype, the window is black, no image.

I attach the config.list and IOReg file.

Thank you for your help.

Sebastian

Does your camera show a serial# in SysPrefs->USB? Cameras that don't show a serial# there are problematic. No known solution.

Does your camera show a serial# in SysPrefs->USB? Cameras that don't show a serial# there are problematic. No known solution.

Seems no serial#...

image.jpg

Back