Contribute
Register

Guide To Install Yosemite on HP Laptops with Clover UEFI

Can I use this guide for my HP Probook 450 G2?

Bit confused when it says this install guide is for

- 6-series laptop: HP Probook 4x30s, 6x60b, Elitebook 2x60p, 8x60p, 8x60w
- 7-series laptop: HP Probook 4x40s, 4x0 G0, 6x70b, Elitebook 8x70p, 2x70p, 9470m

Which one of these does my 450 G2 fall under?

Sorry new to the PC world and its specs. Come to a PC after having Macs for many years, but now wanna test out the Hackintosh world.

Can I use this guide for my HP Prebook 450 G2?

- 7-series laptop: HP Probook 4x40s, 4x0 G0, 6x70b, Elitebook 8x70p, 2x70p, 9470m

Sorry new to the PC world and its specs. Come to a PC after having Macs for many years, but now wanna test out the Hackintosh world.

There may be limited support for your laptop. Run the ProBook Installer to see the current list.

Note: "9-series laptop: HP Probook 4x0/6x0/8x0/ZBook G2 (supported since PBI CE 6.4)"

Hi guys!

What should I do if I running Windows 7 in Parallel Desktop, but after a full battery discharge I get this error:Your virtual machine may run slow because virtualization support is disabled on your Mac

I repaired permissions and cache, restart, reset bios etc. But nothing... Any idea?

Hi guys!

What should I do if I running Windows 7 in Parallel Desktop, but after a full battery discharge I get this error:Your virtual machine may run slow because virtualization support is disabled on your Mac

I repaired permissions and cache, restart, reset bios etc. But nothing... Any idea?

No need to disable VT-x in BIOS. Don't confuse with VT-d.

No need to disable VT-x in BIOS. Don't confuse with VT-d.

Thanks for your fast reply but it didn't work. Maybe I should boot not from the optibay. :D Or try to reinstall Parallel Desktop.

Thanks for your fast reply but it didn't work. Maybe I should boot not from the optibay. :D Or try to reinstall Parallel Desktop.

Did you do EC reset?

Did you do EC reset?

No I didn't but I seems like the optibay is the problem. I can boot from the both place with the hdd of Yosemite. But if my "Data" hdd was in the optibay it didn't show in the disk utility...

Should I try to reset the EC or need a kext to the optibay? If I need a kext, how can I found out what kind of chip is on the motherboard of them?

Anyway Im using Office and Autocad under virtual machine. Is it a good idea? Because I figured it out when I used the mac version of the Office 2016 and the Autocad LT 2015 they were much slower than the Windows... :eek:

Edit: I'm sure I don't have a well qualified caddy because I rent it from China and it was only 5 dollar. :lol:

No I didn't but I seems like the optibay is the problem. I can boot from the both place with the hdd of Yosemite. But if my "Data" hdd was in the optibay it didn't show in the disk utility...

Should I try to reset the EC or need a kext to the optibay? If I need a kext, how can I found out what kind of chip is on the motherboard of them?

There are certain HDD caddies that are not compatible with this laptop, some that you have to change a DIP switch, and some that you have to cut a lead/trace on the board. Make sure you have a quality caddy that is compatible.

Can I use this guide for my HP Probook 450 G2?

I did on my probook 440 G2 and everything works just fine. I installed El Capitan and Yosemite and the bluetooth worked only on Yosemite (With Atheros AR5B195)

Back