Contribute
Register

Guide To Install Yosemite on HP Laptops with Clover UEFI

Oh yes, I will do that.

Pretty sure it is 8x60w with Intel gfx. You can ask nguyenmac.

AFAIK, nVidia not mentioned in post #1.

If it is actually supported, nguyenmac needs to update post #1 to be clear about it.

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

As Suggested I runned CPU-Z and foun out that it is running an ATI Radeon as graphics!

Let me know if this machine would run Yosemite at all.:banghead:

Attachments

• JAGUAR-PC.zip
    4.8 KB · Views: 64
  • atiradeon.jpg
    atiradeon.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 93
As Suggested I runned CPU-Z and foun out that it is running an ATI Radeon as graphics!

Let me know if this machine would run Yosemite at all.:banghead:

Actually the problem shown by your image is that you don't have Windows installed correctly. You neglected to install graphics drivers, so CPU-Z is not able to show you the actual graphics device present.

But HD3000 (from your profile) is supported.

Actually the problem shown by your image is that you don't have Windows installed correctly. You neglected to install graphics drivers, so CPU-Z is not able to show you the actual graphics device present.

But HD3000 (from your profile) is supported.

I found out something. Actually there is a Elitebook 8460p that runs exactly the Radeon HD6470M that CPU-ID is repporting, HWININFO64 also report it. I found out this article that confirms what i think.
Also the ATI card is conected via PCI, so that's why serial looks enabled on Yosemite verbose installer.
Bios info shows a HD3000 graphics, not ATI.

I used "6x60-8x60p with AMD" and now I GOT TO THE INSTALLER!!! :headbang:

Attachments

• AMDATIRadeon.jpg
    AMDATIRadeon.jpg
    441.9 KB · Views: 101
Hello.

Since a couple of days (I think after upgrading to a version of PB CE newer than 6.3.9 I have restart problems. In Yosemite and also El Capitan. It shutdowns correctly (I think) but does not restart. Normal Shutdown works incl. Poweroff.

Any ideas? It worked somewhere in past, but as I normally do not use it, i can not tell exactly when it stops working.

Thanks.
Yours Simon

I found out something. Actually there is a Elitebook 8460p that runs exactly the Radeon HD6470M that CPU-ID is repporting, HWININFO64 also report it. I found out this article that confirms what i think.
Also the ATI card is conected via PCI, so that's why serial looks enabled on Yosemite verbose installer.
Bios info shows a HD3000 graphics, not ATI.

I used "6x60-8x60p with AMD" and now I GOT TO THE INSTALLER!!! :headbang:

There is a dropdown for GPU in both of your images. What is in it?

Hello.

Since a couple of days (I think after upgrading to a version of PB CE newer than 6.3.9 I have restart problems. In Yosemite and also El Capitan. It shutdowns correctly (I think) but does not restart. Normal Shutdown works incl. Poweroff.

Any ideas? It worked somewhere in past, but as I normally do not use it, i can not tell exactly when it stops working.

Thanks.
Yours Simon

Download patchmatic: https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-maciasl-patchmatic/downloads/RehabMan-patchmatic-2015-0107.zip
Extract the 'patchmatic' binary from the ZIP. Copy it to /usr/bin, such that you have the binary at /usr/bin/patchmatic.

In terminal,
Code:
if [ -d ~/Downloads/RehabMan ]; then rm -R ~/Downloads/RehabMan; fi
mkdir ~/Downloads/RehabMan
cd ~/Downloads/RehabMan
patchmatic -extract

Note: It is easier if you use copy/paste instead of typing the commands manually.

Post contents of Downloads/RehabMan directory (as ZIP).

Also, post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

And output from:
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
kextstat|grep -y applelpc

Also, post EFI/Clover folder.

I have a macbook pro 13 with el capitan
it is possible to extract the hard disk and put it in my hp laptop?
before i tranfert the hd i will install the hp tool but i'm not sure if i can boot
is there a way to do it? i don't want to reinstall everything
thx

EDIT
DID IT, YEAH

Good morning. Too many late nights and rereading and redoing Clover Yosemite installs and getting everything except Audio.
did permissions, booting without caches, rebuilding caches and rebooting several times. Frustrating. HP 4530s, i7, standard screen, 8gb Ram

Attachments

• HP 4530S IOREG.ioreg
    1.5 MB · Views: 75
  • Troubleshooting 2015-10-10 03-46.zip
    21.8 MB · Views: 55
do you think that the hp tool will be able to solve usb problems? because the instructions are to much difficult for me to follow.

EDIT
I notice that my mouse scattering with el capitan, in my macbook and in my hackintosh the power of the usb sensor of the mouse is lower.

Back