Contribute
Register

Guide To Install Yosemite on HP Laptops with Clover UEFI

I used HP Pavillon m7-1015dx, I want install Yosemite.for.ordinary.PC.Hackintosh.10.10.3.for.Intel.MacOSX for my laptop but I have problem "system uptime in nanoseconds......" when I boot usb.
Please help me with attach files....

ERROR1 .jpgERROR2 .jpgBIOS1 .jpgBIOS2 .jpgBIOS3 .jpg

I used HP Pavillon m7-1015dx, I want install Yosemite.for.ordinary.PC.Hackintosh.10.10.3.for.Intel.MacOSX for my laptop but I have problem "system uptime in nanoseconds......" when I boot usb.
Please help me with attach files....

This guide is only for the laptops listed in post #1. Yours isn't one of them.

For other laptops, see here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...oting-os-x-installer-laptops-clover-uefi.html

And the FAQ: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

I don't see an issue from ioreg. From where did you download Yosemite?

Note: You didn't disable the serial port as recommended in the guide. Also, compatible WiFi is not installed.

yosemite downloaded from appstore on another hackbook.

serial port is disabled, but i have aditional 2 ports, one is called express and another is card reader. maybe one of those is seen as Serial in os.

i got it working, my hard drive had bad sectors and that troubled my precious 6470b :)

After upgrade to ssd and a fresh install from this guide, yosemite is working flawlessly, just waiting for wifi card to be delivered.

Thanks RehabMan

Hello everyone!

I have a really weird problem which has me scratching my head for several days now. So here goes:

I have an HP ProBook 4530s with Mac OS X Yosemite installed. All is well and good, except that I have really lousy upload speeds. See the image below:
Screen Shot 2015-06-25 at 1.06.50 PM.png
The download speeds are great, just what I would expect, but the upload speeds are non-existent. I use my laptop's Ethernet port to connect to the web via a PPPoE connection.

I have tried the following things so far:
  • Deleted all connections from the Network Preferences and then deleted the preferences plists as well. After the reboot I saw no increase in speed.
  • I did a clean install of Yosemite (just formatted my entire drive). Right after I installed Yosemite and used ProBook Installer (the latest version released two days ago), I did another speed test in Chrome and the results are pretty much the same. In the ideal world I should have around 30-50Mbps upload speed.
  • I went ahead and phoned my ISP. They said that there was nothing on their end that might be causing the problem.
  • I installed Windows and tested my speeds there as well. And surprisingly enough, they are exactly what they should be. It seems that the problem really isn't ISP-related. This also rules out any faulty hardware/cable suspicions.

So here's what I am left with: I really believe that the culprit is somewhere in OS X, and more specifically in the kexts I'm using. I should point out the I have used my ProBook running OS X as a hotspot for several years now and I have never had any speed issues like those. I am not certain exactly when this slowdown has occurred, I only know that it is less than three months ago.

The below link contains my troubleshooting files:
https://www.amazon.com/clouddrive/s...?ref_=cd_share_link_copy&tag=tonymacx86com-20

I really hope you guys will be able to help me out with this issue.
newisd

Let me know if you find a normal scenario that reproduces the problem.

I tried simulating your scenario, but could not reproduce the problem.

If I do this:
- no external monitor connected
- brightness not black
- close the lid (causing sleep)
- pull AC power/battery from the laptop (causing power loss, similar to running out of battery while in sleep)
- plug the laptop back in
- turn it on

Result: No black screen at start (nvram zero value not stored when lid is closed)

If you instead turned the backlight to black before closing the lid, you'd get what might be expected (black screen restored upon booting the laptop).

I could certainly add a special case in ACPIBacklight.kext startup (if nvram value is black, don't use it), but I'd rather learn the "not so contrived" scenario under which it happens (because I can then avoid storing the black value in nvram in that specific scenario).

The problem with the special case, is that when you use your laptop exclusively with an external monitor, brightness turned to black, lid open... you'd have to press brightness down each time you boot in order to turn off the internal display, which is something you don't have to do now.

Maybe when I get an external cable for my real MacBookAir I can see what decisions Apple made here and use it as a guideline.

Will try again and let you know ASAP.

Regards

Hello Guys,

I've followed this tuto on my HP Elitebook 840 G1, All allmost ok :

I've a little problem with the Sleep. My PC poweroff when it goes to sleep...

When I reboot it, I've a boot error (Intel like I think, the message is HDD not found, something like this) and after a new reboot, in Clover, the state is (Hibernated).
When I boot the Hibernated, I've only a black Screen so I need to reboot again (for the 3rd time T.T) for normally reboot.

Can someone help me ? :D

Hello Guys,

I've followed this tuto on my HP Elitebook 840 G1, All allmost ok :

I've a little problem with the Sleep. My PC poweroff when it goes to sleep...

When I reboot it, I've a boot error (Intel like I think, the message is HDD not found, something like this) and after a new reboot, in Clover, the state is (Hibernated).
When I boot the Hibernated, I've only a black Screen so I need to reboot again (for the 3rd time T.T) for normally reboot.

Can someone help me ? :D

Disable hibernation.

Disable hibernation.

How to disable it ?
sudo pmset -a autopoweroff 0
?

EDIT :

Because I wanted to make my computer sleep (no hdd ON and no screen) ^^

Back