Contribute
Register

Guide To Install Yosemite on HP Laptops with Clover UEFI

There is DSDT patching built-in to the ProBook Installer. No real need to patch manually, unless you want to use the latest technique. In which case, make sure you followed my wiki article carefully.

Best to install everything in /S/L/E (unfortunately, the ProBook Installer does not do this).

Install only "essential" kexts in EFI/Clover/kexts. Technically, the only essential kext is FakeSMC.kext, but most people would like to use their internal keyboard/trackpad when using the recovery partition, so that adds VoodooPS2Controller.kext. You can add other kexts at your option. Note that some kexts (networking) may require other system kexts to be injected (IONetworkingFamily.kext) using ForceKextsToLoad.

Great, thanks a lot man.

Weak audio on laptop hacks is common. But no conclusions can be made until you compare with Windows.

Rehabman thank you for sucha a quick reply and for the great work on supporting probook laptops.

As for weak audio hack, can you guide me in some direction, as it is hard to find a relevant post with keywords that come to mind in connection to this problem.

I am almost sure, laptop can be louder, even on headphones it is relatively silent.

As for weak audio hack, can you guide me in some direction, as it is hard to find a relevant post with keywords that come to mind in connection to this problem.

I'm saying it is common to have soft audio volume on laptop hacks... ("laptop hack" == "hacked laptop" == "non-Apple laptop running OS X")

I am almost sure, laptop can be louder, even on headphones it is relatively silent.

Compare against Windows.

I can't install yosemite if you update bios to F60 on 4530s, the reasons vary on each time

And those reasons are? I have F.60 installed on my 4530s. It works fine.

Several kinds of suspension occurred, the main frustrations are: after the OS let you select the aim disk

1 "it remans 13 minutes" for SSD or "it remans 17 minutes" for hd, then 4530s do nothing, but the cursor can be moved, I find this situation can be suspend to the next day
2 can not find mount point, or system verify or repair failed, or something like this, then the installer wants to quit, I have installed many days, it seems the computer wants to retire

My 4530s looks rather new for I seldom use it, I have used it as an Apple for 3 years, it died when I updated to 10.10.3 last month, it never makes me so disappointed

i5 2410m
8gb
128g SSD
500g hd
15.6 inches
6 series
HD3000 and AMD graphic
5B195 combo

Rehabman thank you for sucha a quick reply and for the great work on supporting probook laptops.

You can use "Boom2" as an option.

Several kinds of suspension occurred, the main frustrations are: after the OS let you select the aim disk

1 "it remans 13 minutes" for SSD or "it remans 17 minutes" for hd, then 4530s do nothing, but the cursor can be moved, I find this situation can be suspend to the next day
2 can not find mount point, or system verify or repair failed, or something like this, then the installer wants to quit, I have installed many days, it seems the computer wants to retire

My 4530s looks rather new for I seldom use it, I have used it as an Apple for 3 years, it died when I updated to 10.10.3 last month, it never makes me so disappointed

i5 2410m
8gb
128g SSD
500g hd
15.6 inches
6 series
HD3000 and AMD graphic
5B195 combo

From where did you download Yosemite?

Your descriptions are ambiguous. Be specific about the errors and at what step in the guide you encountered them (the guide's steps are numbered). Use screen images if necessary.

Very good and detailed instructions. I got my HP ProBook 650 running pretty nicely: HD4600 gives me 1920x1080 resolution. Trim seems to be working for the SSD drive. Only problem is the WLAN which I need to replace since Broadcom BCM943228HMB doesn't seem to get much of love.

From where did you download Yosemite?

Your descriptions are ambiguous. Be specific about the errors and at what step in the guide you encountered them (the guide's steps are numbered). Use screen images if necessary.

Sorry and thanks to RehabMan, I am almost sure my 4530s is going to trash, it denied all OS but Winxp, WIN7 installing is bluescreen, so it is not related to yosemite, the hardware or something maybe wrong, I will buy and update a new one for mac using. I hope my experience could help others to save their time

Back