Contribute
Register

Guide To Install Yosemite on HP Laptops with Clover UEFI

Firewire is enabled. I can see it in your ioreg. It interferes with the card reader. Disable it in BIOS as per the instructions (also serial port should be dsabled... per guide).

Ok, i disable 1394 port in Bios, and my memory cardreader is working. thank you very much! :)

sometimes, my computer was restarted after sleep, cause is due usb wifi? how to fix?

When I attempted to update clover configurator I input:

diskutil list
mkdir /Volumes/EFI
sudo mount -t msdos /dev/disk0s2 /Volumes/EFI

and got back "resource busy" any input would me much appreciated, thanks

When I attempted to update clover configurator I input:

diskutil list
mkdir /Volumes/EFI
sudo mount -t msdos /dev/disk0s2 /Volumes/EFI

and got back "resource busy" any input would me much appreciated, thanks

What does mounting EFI have to do with updating Clover Configurator?

Clover Configurator is an app that lives in /Applications on the system volume...

I use a script to mount EFI.

mount_efi.sh:
Code:
#!/bin/bash

#set -x

# Note: Based on CloverPackage MountESP script.

if [ "$(id -u)" != "0" ]; then
    echo "This script requires superuser access, use: 'sudo $0 $@'"
    exit 1
fi

if [ "$1" == "" ]; then
    DestVolume=/
else
    DestVolume="$1"
fi
DiskDevice=$(LC_ALL=C diskutil info "$DestVolume" 2>/dev/null | sed -n 's/.*Part [oO]f Whole: *//p')
if [ -z "$DiskDevice" ]; then
    echo "Can't find volume with the name $DestVolume"
    exit 1
fi

# Check if the disk is a GPT disk
PartitionScheme=$(LC_ALL=C diskutil info "$DiskDevice" 2>/dev/null | sed -nE 's/.*(Partition Type|Content \(IOContent\)): *//p')
if [ "$PartitionScheme" != "GUID_partition_scheme" ]; then
    echo Error: volume $DestVolume is not on GPT disk
    exit 1
fi

# Get the index of the EFI partition
EFIIndex=$(LC_ALL=C /usr/sbin/gpt -r show "/dev/$DiskDevice" 2>/dev/null | awk 'toupper($7) == "C12A7328-F81F-11D2-BA4B-00A0C93EC93B" {print $3; exit}')
[ -z "$EFIIndex" ] && EFIIndex=1 # if not found use the index 1

# Define the EFIDevice
EFIDevice="${DiskDevice}s$EFIIndex"

# Get the EFI mount point if the partition is currently mounted
EFIMountPoint=$(LC_ALL=C diskutil info "$EFIDevice" 2>/dev/null | sed -n 's/.*Mount Point: *//p')

code=0
if [ ! "$EFIMountPoint" ]; then
    # try to mount the EFI partition
    EFIMountPoint="/Volumes/EFI"
    [ ! -d "$EFIMountPoint" ] && mkdir -p "$EFIMountPoint"
    diskutil mount -mountPoint "$EFIMountPoint" /dev/$EFIDevice >/dev/null 2>&1
    code=$?
fi
echo $EFIMountPoint
exit $code

You can also enable the debug menu in Disk Utility, and then mount EFI from within it.

What does mounting EFI have to do with updating Clover Configurator?

Clover Configurator is an app that lives in /Applications on the system volume...

I use a script to mount EFI.

mount_efi.sh:
Code:
#!/bin/bash

#set -x

# Note: Based on CloverPackage MountESP script.

if [ "$(id -u)" != "0" ]; then
    echo "This script requires superuser access, use: 'sudo $0 $@'"
    exit 1
fi

if [ "$1" == "" ]; then
    DestVolume=/
else
    DestVolume="$1"
fi
DiskDevice=$(LC_ALL=C diskutil info "$DestVolume" 2>/dev/null | sed -n 's/.*Part [oO]f Whole: *//p')
if [ -z "$DiskDevice" ]; then
    echo "Can't find volume with the name $DestVolume"
    exit 1
fi

# Check if the disk is a GPT disk
PartitionScheme=$(LC_ALL=C diskutil info "$DiskDevice" 2>/dev/null | sed -nE 's/.*(Partition Type|Content \(IOContent\)): *//p')
if [ "$PartitionScheme" != "GUID_partition_scheme" ]; then
    echo Error: volume $DestVolume is not on GPT disk
    exit 1
fi

# Get the index of the EFI partition
EFIIndex=$(LC_ALL=C /usr/sbin/gpt -r show "/dev/$DiskDevice" 2>/dev/null | awk 'toupper($7) == "C12A7328-F81F-11D2-BA4B-00A0C93EC93B" {print $3; exit}')
[ -z "$EFIIndex" ] && EFIIndex=1 # if not found use the index 1

# Define the EFIDevice
EFIDevice="${DiskDevice}s$EFIIndex"

# Get the EFI mount point if the partition is currently mounted
EFIMountPoint=$(LC_ALL=C diskutil info "$EFIDevice" 2>/dev/null | sed -n 's/.*Mount Point: *//p')

code=0
if [ ! "$EFIMountPoint" ]; then
    # try to mount the EFI partition
    EFIMountPoint="/Volumes/EFI"
    [ ! -d "$EFIMountPoint" ] && mkdir -p "$EFIMountPoint"
    diskutil mount -mountPoint "$EFIMountPoint" /dev/$EFIDevice >/dev/null 2>&1
    code=$?
fi
echo $EFIMountPoint
exit $code

You can also enable the debug menu in Disk Utility, and then mount EFI from within it.

Sorry for the confusion, just read something wrong before I posted. Anyways that worked like a charm, thanks for the assistance

Hello,

I wanted to ask about the sound on hp-probooks. I have a 4340s, managed to install Yosemite no-problem, as far as I know everything is working, I only swapped a different wi-fi card.

But what bothers me is the sound level, even on maximum output, the laptop is relatively silent?
Does this happen when patching AppleHDA.kext (which I did, acording the guide) or is it just weak audio in such a small 13 inch laptop?

I havent had a chance to test the loudness of this laptop under windows.

Hello,

I wanted to ask about the sound on hp-probooks. I have a 4340s, managed to install Yosemite no-problem, as far as I know everything is working, I only swapped a different wi-fi card.

But what bothers me is the sound level, even on maximum output, the laptop is relatively silent?
Does this happen when patching AppleHDA.kext (which I did, acording the guide) or is it just weak audio in such a small 13 inch laptop?

I havent had a chance to test the loudness of this laptop under windows.

Weak audio on laptop hacks is common. But no conclusions can be made until you compare with Windows.

Hi guys, after a lot of work (getting kexts, patching DSDTs, rebranding a A5RB195 that wasn't HP) I finally got my HP Probook 4530s up and running :)

Since everything works as expected I just wanted to ask you guys if it was possible to get clover gui with the correct resolution, I've tried everything, from setting the res in the gui section of config.plist to injecting EDID to blocking clover boot with the csmvideo driver, before I continue, is this even possible? no matter what I try clover always boots with a 1024*768 res

Thanks in advance guys.

Hi guys, after a lot of work (getting kexts, patching DSDTs,... I finally got my HP Probook 4530s up and running :)

Really? All this "work" is done by the ProBook Installer, guide in post #1.

Since everything works as expected I just wanted to ask you guys if it was possible to get clover gui with the correct resolution, I've tried everything, from setting the res in the gui section of config.plist to injecting EDID to blocking clover boot with the csmvideo driver, before I continue, is this even possible? no matter what I try clover always boots with a 1024*768 res

It is not supported by the BIOS.

Really? All this "work" is done by the ProBook Installer, guide in post #1.

It is not supported by the BIOS.

oh well...

but yeah It took me a while to figure out how to get the rebranding tool to work on Windows 8.1 and I used your tools to patch my DSDT, so It took me quite a while :/

BTW what kext should I leave in the EFI partition of my installer? Just to leave it as a recovery tool, some kexts don't seem to work if left on the EFI side upon waking up so I installed everything on S/L/E of my current HDD, but for the USB installer, I was wondering what should I leave?

but yeah It took me a while to figure out how to get the rebranding tool to work on Windows 8.1 and I used your tools to patch my DSDT, so It took me quite a while :/

There is DSDT patching built-in to the ProBook Installer. No real need to patch manually, unless you want to use the latest technique. In which case, make sure you followed my wiki article carefully.

BTW what kext should I leave in the EFI partition of my installer? Just to leave it as a recovery tool, some kexts don't seem to work if left on the EFI side upon waking up so I installed everything on S/L/E of my current HDD, but for the USB installer, I was wondering what should I leave?

Best to install everything in /S/L/E (unfortunately, the ProBook Installer does not do this).

Install only "essential" kexts in EFI/Clover/kexts. Technically, the only essential kext is FakeSMC.kext, but most people would like to use their internal keyboard/trackpad when using the recovery partition, so that adds VoodooPS2Controller.kext. You can add other kexts at your option. Note that some kexts (networking) may require other system kexts to be injected (IONetworkingFamily.kext) using ForceKextsToLoad.

Back