Contribute
Register

Guide To Install Yosemite on HP Laptops with Clover UEFI

Hi,

i have Hp Probook 4530s
with Yosimte 10.10.3 evreything is OK!
but when i'm trying to log in on appstore
i face this error
"Your device or computer could not be verified. Contact support for assistance."
Plz help !!!

Thanks

Try resetting the network interfaces. To do that, go into SysPrefs->Network and remove all interfaces, Apply, then remove /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/NetworkInterfaces.plist. Reboot, then add all your network interfaces back, starting with Ethernet.

i have issue with sleep i get dark screen when wake up which i do force restart, another issue with battery which get decreased fast.
here all files.(Sorry for bad English)

Attachments

• troubleshooting files.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 81
Hello everyone. I`m trying to install Yosemite on my laptop HP4530s with wifi replaced to Atheros AR5B195.
My laptop HP 4530s A1D18EA has Core i5-2430M CPU, 750Gb hdd, Radeon HD 6490M, Intel HM65 Express chipset and Bios ver F50. Resolution is 1366x768.

When i start Сlover from my flashdrive exactly as described in the instructions, after choosing BOOTX64.efi and some info on screen i got a blank grey (or mabe white) screen with mouse cursor only. And nothing happens after that.

So I can not get to the paragraph 5 of this instruction:
"5. Clover bootloader screen shows up, select "Boot OS X Install from Install OS X Yosemite" or "Boot OS X Install from OS X Base System"."

My situation same as described in #1905 post:

"I have successfully created a Clover USB with Yosemite on it. I first used option 2.a, but unfortunately that method would not allow me to boot to the installer (it would hang about half way through the boot). Using option 2.b, it appears as if the installer boots correctly, however instead of the install window, I'm met with a grey screen with a cursor instead. I have waited on this screen for 20 minutes to no change."

I also try to do suggestions how described in #296 post:
- move Mini-SSDT.aml from git repositiry to EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched/ssdt.aml
- change Inject/Intel to false in my /EFI/Clover/config.plist (config.plist i take from dropbox folder named Config.zip\HD3000 1366x768)

Please see my video example of a problem:

https://youtu.be/haW7cpb8mEw

Does anyone know the solution to the problem? Please help! And sorry for my bad english.

Attachments

• config.plist
    3.9 KB · Views: 188
Hello everyone. I`m trying to install Yosemite on my laptop HP4530s with wifi replaced to Atheros AR5B195.
My laptop HP 4530s A1D18EA has Core i5-2430M CPU, 750Gb hdd, Radeon HD 6490M, Intel HM65 Express chipset and Bios ver F50. Resolution is 1366x768.

When i start Сlover from my flashdrive exactly as described in the instructions, after choosing BOOTX64.efi and some info on screen i got a blank grey (or mabe white) screen with mouse cursor only. And nothing happens after that.

So I can not get to the paragraph 5 of this instruction:
"5. Clover bootloader screen shows up, select "Boot OS X Install from Install OS X Yosemite" or "Boot OS X Install from OS X Base System"."

My situation same as described in #1905 post:

"I have successfully created a Clover USB with Yosemite on it. I first used option 2.a, but unfortunately that method would not allow me to boot to the installer (it would hang about half way through the boot). Using option 2.b, it appears as if the installer boots correctly, however instead of the install window, I'm met with a grey screen with a cursor instead. I have waited on this screen for 20 minutes to no change."

I also try to do suggestions how described in #296 post:
- move Mini-SSDT.aml from git repositiry to EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched/ssdt.aml
- change Inject/Intel to false in my /EFI/Clover/config.plist (config.plist i take from dropbox folder named Config.zip\HD3000 1366x768)

Please see my video example of a problem:

https://youtu.be/haW7cpb8mEw

Does anyone know the solution to the problem? Please help! And sorry for my bad english.

Post EFI/Clover folder you're using.

Here is my EFI/CLOVER folder

The config.plist is incorrect. Graphics/Inject/Intel should be true.

And try different USB ports.

Also, be patient. Booting the Yosemite installer from USB on a hack is not quick.

Last edited:
Thanks, but it doesn`t help. BUT:

I find this repo in your github: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Clover-Laptop-Config and copy config_HD3000_1366x768.plist to /EFI/Clover/config.plist

With this config file system starts immediately and this screen appears:

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-...AAAiK4/BSb6N9TCcbs/w1127-h845-no/IMG_9766.JPG

The system is waiting for bluetooth keyboard. How to disable this?

Press space bar or plug in a USB keyboard. It is covered in post #1...

Interesting that my config.plist for HD3000 1366x768 works but nguyenmac's doesn't. Mine were based on nguyenmac's originals, but modified to be more generic (a few more flags included to handle scenarios/problems that the ProBook doesn't have). I have used both on my 4530s, although I'll admit I haven't tried nguyenmac's version lately.

Attachments

• Troubleshooting 2015-04-20 18-14.zip
    6.2 MB · Views: 66
Back