Contribute
Register

Guide To Install Yosemite on HP Laptops with Clover UEFI

Given that you're the only one with this issue... and your machine is the only Ivy machine that we use -xcpm on...

Suspect power management problem/ XCPM...

Some things to try:
- install all kexts to /S/L/E (using injection for the main install is not a good idea)
- change config.plist/SSDT/DropOem=false (this will inject the OEM SSDTs, resulting in a more complete PM setup)
- remove -xcpm from config.plist/Boot/Arguments
- you may need to change SMBIOS (try MacBookPro9,1 or MacBookPro9,2)

@RehabMan
You are totally right, it won't boot without -xcpm because I need to regenerate SSDT. I temporarily deleted SSDT generated by PBI CE. Then cpu's speed is locked at x18. This will be fixed if I regenerate SSDT, right?

But I don't know how to generate that by ssdtPRgen.sh. Would you please tell me where to download and how to use that? Thanks in advance.

@RehabMan
You are totally right, it won't boot without -xcpm because I need to regenerate SSDT. I temporarily deleted SSDT generated by PBI CE. Then cpu's speed is locked at x18. This will be fixed if I regenerate SSDT, right?

I cannot predict the future.

But I don't know how to generate that by ssdtPRgen.sh. Would you please tell me where to download and how to use that? Thanks in advance.

The PBI-CE has a copy of ssdtPRgen.sh. Google can help you find things.

I see that first posts says 450 G2 is supported, but what about Broadwell CPU and Full HD display? Specifically asking for this model:

HP ProBook 450 G2 (K3Q15AV), Broadwell Intel Core i5-5200U 2.2/2.7GHz, FULL HD LED Display & AMD Radeon R5 M255 2GB (HDMI), 8GB RAM

Any change after 10.10.3 came out? It should support Broadwell I believe.

Hello everyone, thanks for this amazing guide

i have succesfully installed osx 10.10.3 downloaded from App Store with your guide on a 640 G1 probook with i5 4300m and HD4600 graphics

everything works great, except the battery info, it is not showed, only appeared on first boot after first installation of probook installer, now it shows for a quick moment and then disappears

i have read others have faced this issue but it seem there is no fix yet, am i right?

with hwmonitor i can see the battery status but somewhat i need the official icon :)

thank you!

Hello everyone, thanks for this amazing guide

i have succesfully installed osx 10.10.3 downloaded from App Store with your guide on a 640 G1 probook with i5 4300m and HD4600 graphics

everything works great, except the battery info, it is not showed, only appeared on first boot after first installation of probook installer, now it shows for a quick moment and then disappears

i have read others have faced this issue but it seem there is no fix yet, am i right?

with hwmonitor i can see the battery status but somewhat i need the official icon :)

thank you!

Post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

From ioreg, it is working in both cases... no significant difference.

well... it was working on the first one, but now it doesn't, neither it shows hwmonitor icon (i can live with that)

well... it was working on the first one, but now it doesn't, neither it shows hwmonitor icon (i can live with that)

Try a fresh install. Re-download Yosemite from Mac App Store.

You might also consider using TimeRemaining: https://github.com/codler/Battery-Time-Remaining/

Also, try installing all kexts to /S/L/E (how it should be).

I hear reports of this problem, but have never run into it on any of my machines. But I install all kexts to /S/L/E where they belong.

Back