Contribute
Register

Guide To Install Yosemite on HP Laptops with Clover UEFI

Hey there,

I have a Elitebook 9470m with standard Bluetooth/Wifi Adapter.
In post #1 is mentioned that Bluetooth does not work but wifi.
For me Bluetooth is working wifi not.
I already changed BIOS settings for status button, switching plan/lan, bluetooth on/off......
Run PBI CE several times again, repaired permissions and took out the battery to reset completely...

Any idea?

Thanks in advance

You need compatible WiFi hardware. Read post #1.

Hello

Are there Problems with the Security Update 2015-002 1.0 on my ProBook 650 G1 or can i unscrupulously install it?

Hey Rehabman,

I read post #1 and there is written:

- Note: HP 6x70b/8x70/2x70/9470m has a built-in bluetooth module instead, so the bluetooth module in Wifi + BT card will not be used (wifi still works though).

So i thought wifi should work, am I wrong?

Hey Rehabman,

I read post #1 and there is written:

- Note: HP 6x70b/8x70/2x70/9470m has a built-in bluetooth module instead, so the bluetooth module in Wifi + BT card will not be used (wifi still works though).

So i thought wifi should work, am I wrong?

You have not provided any information on which WiFi hardware you have... so no idea.

Hey Rehabman,

yes sorry I forgot to post my hardware.
The card is an intel Advanced-N 6235

Hope this can run under mac, otherwise I will order another card....

Thanks....

Hey Rehabman,

yes sorry I forgot to post my hardware.
The card is an intel Advanced-N 6235

Hope this can run under mac, otherwise I will order another card....

Thanks....

Intel WiFi is not supported. Read post #1.

Hey Rehabman, I read post #1 and there is written: - Note: HP 6x70b/8x70/2x70/9470m has a built-in bluetooth module instead, so the bluetooth module in Wifi + BT card will not be used (wifi still works though). So i thought wifi should work, am I wrong?
I said the bluetooth module in a wifi + bt combo card will not be used. I never said that the built-in bluetooth module will not work. They're different matters.

Compatible Wifi card

If you don't have the following wifi card, you have to replace.
Here is the list of recommended compatible wifi cards:
- HP Probook 4x30s: the laptop has whitelist BIOS, so only usable card is HP-branded Atheros AR5B195
- HP Probook 6x60b/5330m, HP Elitebook 8x60p/2x60p: the laptop has whitelist BIOS, so only usable card is HP-branded Broadcom 43224HMS (582564-001/582564-002)
- Other laptop:
  • WIFI ONLY: Atheros AR9280/9285, Broadcom 4322/43224 (better OS X feature support)
  • WIFI + BT: AR5B195 (not recommended), Broadcom 43225HMB/4352HMB (better OS X feature support)
- Note: HP 6x70b/8x70/2x70/9470m has a built-in bluetooth module, so the bluetooth module in Wifi + BT card will not be used.

I am about to do an instal with Yosemite and Clover, on a HP4530s .
It already has 10.8.4 running and WiFi works.
So i'd assume that WiFi will still work, but assumptions are a dangerous thing, so a question.

Under 'About this Mac/ Sys Info More Info, I can find that the firmware is Atheros 9285 and Card type is AirPort Extreme.
SO on one hand the quote:
- HP Probook 4x30s: the laptop has whitelist BIOS, so only usable card is HP-branded Atheros AR5B195

implies that it wont work, as that is not the hardware name listed , but

- Other laptop:
  • WIFI ONLY: Atheros AR9280/9285

Lists the firmware I have under 'Other laptops ' section.

Experience with 10.8.4 also proves it can work...but is Yosemite going to be different?

Thanks

Can someone please explain this:
- Download Config.zip, extract then select right config.plist and copy to /EFI/Clover/. The path will be /EFI/Clover/config.plist

I downloaded zips from dropbox and they appear as folders named EFI and Config. I don't see config.plist though.

Here is the list of recommended compatible wifi cards:
- HP Probook 6x60b/5330m, HP Elitebook 8x60p/2x60p: the laptop has whitelist BIOS, so only usable card is HP-branded Broadcom 43224HMS (582564-001/582564-002)
- Other laptop:
  • WIFI ONLY: Atheros AR9280/9285, Broadcom 4322/43224 (better OS X feature support)
  • WIFI + BT: AR5B195 (not recommended), Broadcom 43225HMB/4352HMB (better OS X feature support)
- Note: HP 6x70b/8x70/2x70/9470m has a built-in bluetooth module, so the bluetooth module in Wifi + BT card will not be used.

I am about to do an instal with Yosemite and Clover, on a HP4530s .
It already has 10.8.4 running and WiFi works.
So i'd assume that WiFi will still work, but assumptions are a dangerous thing, so a question.

Under 'About this Mac/ Sys Info More Info, I can find that the firmware is Atheros 9285 and Card type is AirPort Extreme. No mention of the Atheros AR5B195

So on one hand the quote:

implies that it wont work, as that is not the hardware I have listed , but

- Other laptop:
  • WIFI ONLY: Atheros AR9280/9285
Lists the firmware I have under 'Other laptops ' section.

Experience with 10.8.4 also proves it can work...but is Yosemite going to be different?

Thanks

Back