Contribute
Register

Guide To Install Yosemite on HP Laptops with Clover UEFI

[/CENTER]
I am about to do an instal with Yosemite and Clover, on a HP4530s .
It already has 10.8.4 running and WiFi works.
So i'd assume that WiFi will still work, but assumptions are a dangerous thing, so a question.

Under 'About this Mac/ Sys Info More Info, I can find that the firmware is Atheros 9285 and Card type is AirPort Extreme.
SO on one hand the quote:

[/CENTER]implies that it wont work, as that is not the hardware name listed , but

[/CENTER]
[/LIST]

Lists the firmware I have under 'Other laptops ' section.

Experience with 10.8.4 also proves it can work...but is Yosemite going to be different?

Thanks

AR5B195 is AR9285 WiFi + AR3011 Bluetooth.

Can someone please explain this:
- Download Config.zip, extract then select right config.plist and copy to /EFI/Clover/. The path will be /EFI/Clover/config.plist

I downloaded zips from dropbox and they appear as folders named EFI and Config. I don't see config.plist though.

I see both Config.zip and Clover.zip at the dropbox site. Are you not seeing them?

I see both Config.zip and Clover.zip at the dropbox site. Are you not seeing them?

Yes, and I downloaded both. But but files show up as light-blue folders in my Downloads. Clover.zip is shown as a folder named EFI. My guess is that is the contents of Clover.zip. Config.zip is shown as a folder named Config. Do zip files get automatically unpacked once downloaded? I don't see config.plist though. Do I have to create it myself?

Yes, and I downloaded both. But but files show up as light-blue folders in my Downloads. Clover.zip is shown as a folder named EFI. My guess is that is the contents of Clover.zip. Config.zip is shown as a folder named Config. Do zip files get automatically unpacked once downloaded? I don't see config.plist though. Do I have to create it myself?

Put them in a separate folder so you can clearly see how each expands when extracted. But yes, Clover.zip contains a folder called EFI. Some browsers automatically unzip and delete the original (Safari is one such browser). I don't like to use browsers that do that...

There are various config.plist files inside of Config.zip. You have to pick the correct one from the folder which corresponds to your hardware.

Put them in a separate folder so you can clearly see how each expands when extracted. But yes, Clover.zip contains a folder called EFI. Some browsers automatically unzip and delete the original (Safari is one such browser). I don't like to use browsers that do that...

There are various config.plist files inside of Config.zip. You have to pick the correct one from the folder which corresponds to your hardware.

Then that is the problem, I use Safari at the moment. Can't it be set to not auto expand. I just try to get used to Mac OS.

Is Yosemite that much nicer and better than Mountain Lion?

Then that is the problem, I use Safari at the moment. Can't it be set to not auto expand. I just try to get used to Mac OS.

There is probably a setting for it. I use Safari only to download Chrome.

Is Yosemite that much nicer and better than Mountain Lion?

I haven't used ML for a while...

Hello,

i had Yosemite running on my probook 4530s. Now it just don't work. Deleted the Harddrive, but everytime the installer will Reinstall OSX, it is not possible to choose install OSX.
Can Young help me please?

Hello,

i had Yosemite running on my probook 4530s. Now it just don't work. Deleted the Harddrive, but everytime the installer will Reinstall OSX, it is not possible to choose install OSX.
Can Young help me please?

Read post #1 and follow the instructions carefully.

Hello,

I already made my hackintosh on my probook 4430 and was very easy. Now I'm thinking to buy an brand new Probook 440 G1 Core i3-4000M but I saw that the 4th generation i3, like the 4000m, is Haswell architecture. That can be a problem or is as easy as 4430 to install the Yosemite?

Hello,

I already made my hackintosh on my probook 4430 and was very easy. Now I'm thinking to buy an brand new Probook 440 G1 Core i3-4000M but I saw that the 4th generation i3, like the 4000m, is Haswell architecture. That can be a problem or is easy as 4430 to install the Yosemite?

Still easy if you follow the instructions in post #1.

Back