Contribute
Register

Guide To Install Yosemite on HP Laptops with Clover UEFI

GenericUSBXHCI.kext is still loading...
I removed him fromSystem\Library\Extensions.
And EFI ▸ EFI ▸ CLOVER ▸ kexts 10.10

I founded that kext stay loaded.
Tried to unload but: Failed to unload net.osx86.kexts.GenericUSBXHCI - (libkern/kext) kext is in use or retained (cannot unload).

I removed him fromSystem\Library\Extensions.
And EFI ▸ EFI ▸ CLOVER ▸ kexts 10.10

I founded that kext stay loaded.
Tried to unload but: Failed to unload net.osx86.kexts.GenericUSBXHCI - (libkern/kext) kext is in use or retained (cannot unload).

After removing kexts you must rebuild cache then reboot.

did it few times.Ill better try to reinstall system:twisted:
I did it.
After reinstall had bug with usb.
Removed Generic kext, rebooted, fixed permissions and cleared cash, rebooted...
No luck((

INstall new Generic kext and added to boot 2 flags: -gux_defer_usb2 -gux_no_idle.
Rebooted and its works))
Right now have working only usb 2.0 port.
3.0 doesn't work. But its ok.)
Thank you, RehabMan))

I have just successfully migrated to clover (on 10.9.4) and then updated to Yosemite. Everything's working fine.

On my 4540s I have an SSD in the optical drive, which I use day-to-day, and then I use the stock HDD as a periodic backup.

When I boot straight into Clover it only sees my HDD, not the SSD. When I press F9 and select the EFI file I can see both.

I would prefer not to press F9 every time I start up. Any idea why I cannot see the SSD when I boot straight into Clover?

I have just successfully migrated to clover (on 10.9.4) and then updated to Yosemite. Everything's working fine.

On my 4540s I have an SSD in the optical drive, which I use day-to-day, and then I use the stock HDD as a periodic backup.

When I boot straight into Clover it only sees my HDD, not the SSD. When I press F9 and select the EFI file I can see both.

I would prefer not to press F9 every time I start up. Any idea why I cannot see the SSD when I boot straight into Clover?

Disable "Fast Boot" in BIOS.

I'm getting instal error..on my 4730s...when i select to boot in clover and apple logo with progress bar shows up, only about 1/4 of the bar is loaded then screen goes dark..any idea?

I'm getting instal error..on my 4730s...when i select to boot in clover and apple logo with progress bar shows up, only about 1/4 of the bar is loaded then screen goes dark..any idea?

Post your config.plist.

Back