Contribute
Register

Guide To Install Yosemite on HP Laptops with Clover UEFI

Check your BIOS settings to be sure it is enabled. Test the hardware in Windows.

It's on in the BIOS, will test using Windows, good idea, thanks.

If it works in Windows, then what?

Should I reinstall OSX? I was thinking about moving on to El Capitan anyway, so thats an option.

BTW, do you know that you're on an average of almost 75 posts a day?! My god, that's a lot :eek:

If it works in Windows, then what?

Then you know your hardware works.

Should I reinstall OSX? I was thinking about moving on to El Capitan anyway, so thats an option.

If this is an old install with an older version of PBI, you may not have the kexts required.

BTW, do you know that you're on an average of almost 75 posts a day?! My god, that's a lot :eek:

Yeah, shocking. Need to find a way to quit...

All of the bios settings are correct. I know I has been using bluetooth and wifi in windows before installing Yosemite. The wifi toggle key doesn't seem to do anything under Yosemite.

All of the bios settings are correct. I know I has been using bluetooth and wifi in windows before installing Yosemite. The wifi toggle key doesn't seem to do anything under Yosemite.

Test your hardware on Windows. Report back.

Press the WiFi toggle button and BE PATIENT. DO NOT continually mash it.

The LED does not reflect the true state when running OS X. You must press it, then wait for networks to populate. If they don't populate in 30 sec, press it again.

Test your hardware on Windows. Report back.

Press the WiFi toggle button and BE PATIENT. DO NOT continually mash it.

The LED does not reflect the true state when running OS X. You must press it, then wait for networks to populate. If they don't populate in 30 sec, press it again.

I will report back once i get windows up and running. Is pressing the wifi button supposed to turn on airport? Because right now it shows airport is off and when i press turn on it doesnt do anything.

I will report back once i get windows up and running. Is pressing the wifi button supposed to turn on airport? Because right now it shows airport is off and when i press turn on it doesnt do anything.

OS X knows nothing of the external power control. Real Macs don't have it.

Then you know your hardware works.

If this is an old install with an older version of PBI, you may not have the kexts required.

Tested in Win 10, hardware works.

Installed Yosemite 8th of October last year, so it's not that old....

Tried the hardware button. Made the Bluetooth icon change (sort of hiding).
Pressing the button again shows the BT icon again in a normal way.

Installed Yosemite 8th of October last year, so it's not that old....

Tried the hardware button. Made the Bluetooth icon change (sort of hiding).
Pressing the button again shows the BT icon again in a normal way.

Try a fresh install. Report back.

Try a fresh install. Report back.

That did the trick.

Running a clean El Capitan now and WiFi is working fine! So that´s solved...

Another question though...

The HDD is partitioned in 2 parts (osx journaled)
First is 10.11.

I´ve made an macrium reflect image of the W10 installation. Do you maybe know if I somehow can restore the image to the 2th partition? Will that work?

That did the trick.

Running a clean El Capitan now and WiFi is working fine! So that´s solved...

Another question though...

The HDD is partitioned in 2 parts (osx journaled)
First is 10.11.

I´ve made an macrium reflect image of the W10 installation. Do you maybe know if I somehow can restore the image to the 2th partition? Will that work?

I always just use gparted in Linux to clone NTFS partitions.

Back