Contribute
Register

Guide To Install Yosemite on HP Laptops with Clover UEFI

I just bricked my Acer Aspire 4752 :(

I have a replacement ProBook 6550b and used the RAM and HDD from the Acer. Pity the Caviar Black installed was only 250GB, or I would keep using this lovely 7200rpm HDD.

Anyways, I have ordered a Broadcom "BCM943224HMS 802.11a/b/g/n PCI Express Half Mini Card For HP 582564-001 Laptop"

Doubt it will work tho, damn whitelist is HORRID.

Will give this a try when the card arrives...

Cheers.

FYI: The 6550b is not supported by this guide. Your post is off-topic.

Hello everyone,

I have installed OSX 10.10.5 on my HP Probook 4540s that I have updated with a BCM94352 HMB/AzureWave AW-CE123H Combo card. After the installation with Clover, I have installed drivers with HP Probook installer Clover 6.3.9.5. Everything works great but the Bluetooth doesn’t work at all. I have reinstalled the BrcmPatchRAM_v1.7 kext (because it is the one included in the HP ProBook Installer) with kext wizard and after repairing permissions and rebuilding the cache, well it works fine…till the computer restart. In Fact Bluetooth doesn’t work after a fresh restart but when the computer goes on sleep mode, and when I wake up the computer the Bluetooth works again…

Does anyone could help me to have the Bluetooth working after a fresh reboot?

Thanks

K1000dbw

PS: I have also tried the BTFirmwareUploader_v2.8.5_Final.kext but it doesn’t work even after a “sleep/wake-up” cycle.

PPS: I can see with IORegistryExplorer that the PID is 0x3404 and VID is 0x13d3 which seems to be common.

Hey k1000dbw, I finally tracked down the problem to "Fast boot" in the "boot options" menu. That might help in your case as well.

Hey k1000dbw, I finally tracked down the problem to "Fast boot" in the "boot options" menu. That might help in your case as well.

Yes... "Fast boot" is known to break bluetooth.

I tried to update from 10.10.3->10.10.5 and after its done, cant boot anymore, it says boot error

i got 6470b and followed this topic for installation.

any hints?

update: i shut it down, and power on and boots normally.

It does not set windows 8.1-10. Disk crashes with Disk Utility and diskpart gpt. DVD and installed with usb flash. Always after copying files, updating the error windows could not update the computer's boot configuration. Bios dumped default. Nothing helps.

It does not set windows 8.1-10. Disk crashes with Disk Utility and diskpart gpt. DVD and installed with usb flash. Always after copying files, updating the error windows could not update the computer's boot configuration. Bios dumped default. Nothing helps.

What are you doing exactly? If this is in response to earlier posts in this thread, use quoted replies.

I decided to put windows. dual boot. Made in the Manual Installation Windows UEFI as a dual boot. there is an error, updating the error windows could not update the computer's boot configuration. I decided to completely repartition the disk using diskpart, convert gpt. Again updating the error windows could not update the computer's boot configuration. I put different images from different dvd, usb flash. Always this error.

I decided to put windows. dual boot. Made in the Manual Installation Windows UEFI as a dual boot. there is an error, updating the error windows could not update the computer's boot configuration. I decided to completely repartition the disk using diskpart, convert gpt. Again updating the error windows could not update the computer's boot configuration. I put different images from different dvd, usb flash. Always this error.

Install Windows on main SATA drive.

Back