Contribute
Register

Guide To Install Yosemite on HP Laptops with Clover UEFI

Thanks RehabMan, long story short I got my 8570w working now. Required a ton of config.plist changes.

The only issue I am having now is with the wifi, I am using a wifi dongle but it is causing sleep issues. Which I expected. However I would like to replace the internal intel wifi card. Can you recommend one that is compatible with the 8570w and not blocked by the whitelist?

Thanks!

Thanks RehabMan, long story short I got my 8570w working now. Required a ton of config.plist changes.

The only issue I am having now is with the wifi, I am using a wifi dongle but it is causing sleep issues. Which I expected. However I would like to replace the internal intel wifi card. Can you recommend one that is compatible with the 8570w and not blocked by the whitelist?

Thanks!

No whitelist on 7-series laptops. Read post #1 for recommendations (best: BCM94352HMB).

Hello everyone,

I have installed OSX 10.10.5 on my HP Probook 4540s that I have updated with a BCM94352 HMB/AzureWave AW-CE123H Combo card.... In Fact Bluetooth doesn’t work after a fresh restart but when the computer goes on sleep mode, and when I wake up the computer the Bluetooth works again…

I'm having the same problem on a probook 4440s with an i5-3210M. BIOS is 68IRR Ver F.60
Let me see if restating the problem helps. I don't see the bluetooth device on USB until after I have closed the lid to put the OS to sleep, then open it and wake it using the power button.
Once I sign back in, the USB device shows up and I see the bluetooth icon in the system folder.
I tried using my MagicMouse. I see it and can pair with it, but the connection is constantly dropping and the mouse then reconnects. There is a wireless button that I presume disables wireless when running normally. I see the light on it blink while Bluetooth is active. That wireless button causes bad WiFi behavior too, it'll kill wifi and I can't get it back unless I reboot.

I was following the instruction from the Airport half mini PCI thread.
I used the SSDT enabler method since the only disadvantage seems to be forgetting what I have done to enable the card.
I then followed the BT handoff instructions for 10.10 and the instructions for the appropriate firmware injector.

The PBI utility I used in the initial setup is in version 6.4.5.

I've done captures from a fresh boot, and from a sleep/wake cycle.

The results of the commands asked for are below. The results were the same for a fresh reboot and after a sleep/wake cycle.

kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
13 2 0xffffff7f8295e000 0x65000 0x65000 com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform (3.1) <12 11 7 6 5 4 3 1>
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
22 0 0xffffff7f82591000 0x2b000 0x2b000 com.apple.driver.AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement (218.0.0) <7 6 5 4 3 1>
29 0 0xffffff7f8258c000 0x3000 0x3000 com.apple.driver.AppleIntelCPUPowerManagementClient (218.0.0) <7 6 5 4 3 1>
kextstat|grep -y applelpc
83 0 0xffffff7f823a5000 0x3000 0x3000 com.apple.driver.AppleLPC (1.7.3) <80 12 5 4 3>

Attachments

• post-IOReg.zip
    402.7 KB · Views: 71
  • pre-IOReg.zip
    366.8 KB · Views: 86
  • post-patches.zip
    22.1 KB · Views: 72
  • pre-patches.zip
    22.1 KB · Views: 72
  • 4440s-CLOVER_bt.zip
    5.5 MB · Views: 75
I'm having the same problem on a probook 4440s with an i5-3210M. BIOS is 68IRR Ver F.60
Let me see if restating the problem helps. I don't see the bluetooth device on USB until after I have closed the lid to put the OS to sleep, then open it and wake it using the power button.
Once I sign back in, the USB device shows up and I see the bluetooth icon in the system folder.
I tried using my MagicMouse. I see it and can pair with it, but the connection is constantly dropping and the mouse then reconnects. There is a wireless button that I presume disables wireless when running normally. I see the light on it blink while Bluetooth is active. That wireless button causes bad WiFi behavior too, it'll kill wifi and I can't get it back unless I reboot.

I was following the instruction from the Airport half mini PCI thread.
I used the SSDT enabler method since the only disadvantage seems to be forgetting what I have done to enable the card.
I then followed the BT handoff instructions for 10.10 and the instructions for the appropriate firmware injector.

The PBI utility I used in the initial setup is in version 6.4.5.

I've done captures from a fresh boot, and from a sleep/wake cycle.

The results of the commands asked for are below. The results were the same for a fresh reboot and after a sleep/wake cycle.

kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
13 2 0xffffff7f8295e000 0x65000 0x65000 com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform (3.1) <12 11 7 6 5 4 3 1>
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
22 0 0xffffff7f82591000 0x2b000 0x2b000 com.apple.driver.AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement (218.0.0) <7 6 5 4 3 1>
29 0 0xffffff7f8258c000 0x3000 0x3000 com.apple.driver.AppleIntelCPUPowerManagementClient (218.0.0) <7 6 5 4 3 1>
kextstat|grep -y applelpc
83 0 0xffffff7f823a5000 0x3000 0x3000 com.apple.driver.AppleLPC (1.7.3) <80 12 5 4 3>

Seems likely you installed a kext that conflicts with BrcmPatchRAM.

You should not install any other solutions for bluetooth/WiFi except the FakePCIID.kext+FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext and BrcmPatchRAM.kext+BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext.

Seems likely you installed a kext that conflicts with BrcmPatchRAM.

You should not install any other solutions for bluetooth/WiFi except the FakePCIID.kext+FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext and BrcmPatchRAM.kext+BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext.

I'm going to try and cut down the instructions to the ones I used in my procedure.
I think it's important as the instructions detail a way to use the BCM94352 HMB without installing an kexts, the instructions for the bluetooth install are in conflict concerning the correct firmware kext when using Clover, and the instructions for the BT handoff have some issue when it comes to the plist editing.

https://github.com/toleda/wireless_half-mini/blob/master/[Guide]_airport_half-mini_details.pdf.zip
Taking snippets from the above guide:
Code:
I.     Broadcom
Alternatives (require dsdt or kext editing or kext or ssdt injection)
   3.   BCM94352 HMB - 2.4/5 GHz, ac+abgn, 2 stream, 867 Mbs + BT (4.0)
Non-Native Airport (select one, verify WiFi. If no WiFI - install native, restart)
4.   airport_ssdt_enabler - airport_ssdt-bcm943xx_v1
  1.   Advantages: No edits, survives Software Updates and BIOS Updates
  2.   Disadvantages: forget it is there
  3.   Download airport_ssdt-bcm943xx_v1.zip from airport_pcie-hm/airport_ssdt_enabler at master · toleda/airport_pcie-hm
  4.   Copy Downloads/airport_ssdt-.. . ./SSDT-2.aml to Extra
  5.   Enable SSDT (Chameleon/Chimera - DropSSDT, Clover - DropOem)
  6.   DPCIManager/Rebuild cache
  7.   Restart

Wifi came up after that.

Code:
BCM94352 BT4 (10.10 - all versions, 10.9 - all versions)
  1. [URL]https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-BrcmPatchRAM[/URL]

Installation

Install one of BrcmPatchRAM.kext or BrcmPatchRAM2.kext depending on OS X version, never both.
    BrcmPatchRAM.kext: for 10.10 or earlier.

Also, install one firmware kext BrcmFirmwareData.kext or BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext, depending on installation location, never both.
    BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext: Install to /System/Library/Extensions. This kext is much more memory efficient than BrcmFirmwareData.kext and is the preferred configuration.
    BrcmFirmwareData.kext: Most appropriate for EFI/Clover/kexts. BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext, while much more memory efficient, cannot be injected as can BrcmFirmwareData.kext
The instructions at the link were much more complete than the ones in the guide thread.

Finally, for the handoff:
Code:
BCM94352 5 GHz/BT Handoff (10.10 - all versions)
  3. Installation ​(Select one method)
    2. Clover/kext patch

1. Download (View Raw)
          1. 10.10 and newer, config-bcm94352-103.plist.zip

2.Paste patch to config.plist/KernelAndKextPatches/KextsToPatch
          1. 5GHz (select one)
            1. BCM94352-5GHz-US-FCC-dv
            2. BCM94352-5GHz-FR
              1. Country Code, see [Guide] Airport - PCIe Half Mini v2 - Page 11
              2. ASCII to Hex, see ASCII to Hex
                1. Hex to Base64 (TextEdit/plist)

3. BCM94352-Airport-Extreme (optional)
            4. BT4LE-Handoff-Hotspot

I found these instructions rather difficult to follow, mainly due to the syntax of config-bcm94352-103.plist.

The config.plist on my EFI partition looks to have an XML syntax. The XML file from the repo looks more like a sort of C syntax for initalizing an array of data structures. The mismatch in syntax meant I did not just cut and paste as the instructions said. I did not try to translate the fields either,
Instead, I used the Clover configuration utility. I opened the two plist files, selected "Kernel and kext Patches" in the utinity, highlighted and copied the fileds from the broadcom plist and pasted each entry in turn to a new entry in the config.plist file unless I saw that the data was a duplicate of an entry in the config.plist file.
Here is a screenshot of the configuration utility to illustrate the procedure.
Screen Shot 2015-11-05 at 8.44.30 AM.png

Here are my specific questions:
I didn't specifically install the FakePCIID.kext file. I see FakePCIID_BCM94352Z_as_BCM94360CS2.kext which again, I did not specifically install.
Does the PBI utility install these?

FakePCIID_BCM94352Z_as_BCM94360CS2.kext is not the same kext you mention, which one is correct?

Again, is it the PBI utility that placed these on the system? WiFi was not functional before proceeding with the "airport_ssdt_enabler" method.

Do these kexts then conflict with the "airport_ssdt_enabler" method?
The "airport_ssdt_enabler" method appears to have the fewest cons, will bluetooth work with this method, or must it use the kext method?

The instructions at https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-BrcmPatchRAM specifically say to NOT use BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext with Clover. Which is the correct kext and what is the correct installation procedure? I'd prefer clover as dropping the kext in the right folder on the EFI partition is so painless :)

Thanks for the help!

I'm going to try and cut down the instructions to the ones I used in my procedure.

If you're using PBI-CE, it installs all necessary kexts and patches required for BCM94352HMB (BT+WiFi).

You should do no further installations...

If you're doing it manually, the BCM94352 requirements are documented in the FAQ: http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

There are 4 kexts:
WiFi: FakePCIID.kext + FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext
BT 10.10: BrcmPatchRAM.kext + BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext
BT 10.11: BrcmPatchRAM2.kext + BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext

And two patches:
WiFi 5ghz patch: config.plist/KernelAndKextPatches/KextsToPatch. Specific patch depends on locale. US patch is in PBI-CE and in my u430 repo (see Projects link in signature).

BT handoff patch: config.plist/KernelAndKextPatches/KextsToPatch. Specific patch depends on OS X version. Both patches are in the config.plist in my u430 repo (see Projects link in signature).

If you're doing anything more or less, you're making a mistake.

Removing FakePCIID_BCM94352Z_as_BCM94360CS2.kext looks to have stabilized the bluetooth connection. Bluetooth still won't come up until after I put the laptop to sleep then wake it up through.

I found these instructions rather difficult to follow, mainly due to the syntax of config-bcm94352-103.plist.

Use a plist editor.

Here are my specific questions:
I didn't specifically install the FakePCIID.kext file. I see FakePCIID_BCM94352Z_as_BCM94360CS2.kext which again, I did not specifically install.
Does the PBI utility install these?

PBI-CE installs an old version of these kexts (they work).

FakePCIID_BCM94352Z_as_BCM94360CS2.kext is not the same kext you mention, which one is correct?

FakePCIID_BCM94352Z_as_BCM94360CS2.kext recently renamed to FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext. It is covered in the README.

Again, is it the PBI utility that placed these on the system? WiFi was not functional before proceeding with the "airport_ssdt_enabler" method.

No other patches are required to make WiFi work. No SSDT nor DSDT patching needed.

The instructions at https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-BrcmPatchRAM specifically say to NOT use BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext with Clover.

Not true. It says it will not work in EFI/Clover/kexts. It works with Clover just fine when installed to /S/L/E or /L/E. Read carefully.

Back