Contribute
Register

Guide To Install Yosemite on HP Laptops with Clover UEFI

I dont want to reinstall

I want to update
And I dont want to all of my data and applications remove!

I think the answer is included:
Procedure to update from Yosemite
to El Capitan

I got Yosemite installed on my 8570w and it runs great. However when I try to boot to recovery I get a panic error "BSD process name corresponding to current thread: kernel_task" then it restarts immediately. I've tried clearing kext cache, setting injectkexts to false, passing -x, GraphicsEnabler=No, toggled other graphics settings in clover. No matter what I get the panic error.

I have attached the troubleshoot files below:
View attachment troubleshoot1.zip

Assistance appreciated-- Thanks!

I got Yosemite installed on my 8570w and it runs great. However when I try to boot to recovery I get a panic error "BSD process name corresponding to current thread: kernel_task" then it restarts immediately. I've tried clearing kext cache, setting injectkexts to false, passing -x, GraphicsEnabler=No, toggled other graphics settings in clover. No matter what I get the panic error.

I have attached the troubleshoot files below:
View attachment 159872

Assistance appreciated-- Thanks!

Try eliminating unneeded kexts from EFI/Clover/kexts/10.10.

You only need FakeSMC.kext to boot, and VoodooPS2Controller.kext to use the internal keyboard/trackpad.

Looking to build a hackintosh laptop, saw many of the posts but I am confused which one to buy, which one will work. Can anyone please help me out?

Graphics dosen't matter for me , the integrated one will work, which one will be the best?

Try eliminating unneeded kexts from EFI/Clover/kexts/10.10.

You only need FakeSMC.kext to boot, and VoodooPS2Controller.kext to use the internal keyboard/trackpad.

I removed all kexts except FakeSMC and VoodooPS2Controller from EFI/Clover/kexts/10.10, EFI/Clover/kexts/10.11 and EFI/Clover/kexts/10.9

Then I rebuilt the kext cache through kext wizard.

After restarting and choosing recovery I get the same panic error.

Any other suggestions?

I removed all kexts except FakeSMC and VoodooPS2Controller from EFI/Clover/kexts/10.10, EFI/Clover/kexts/10.11 and EFI/Clover/kexts/10.9

Then I rebuilt the kext cache through kext wizard.

After restarting and choosing recovery I get the same panic error.

Any other suggestions?

I think your recovery partition is corrupt.

I think your recovery partition is corrupt.

I just reinstalled again and it's still doing throwing the panic on the recovery boot. However when I pass in -v it loads, albeit really slowly with lots of errors. Then when trying to do a restore from Time Machine it fails.

Any other possible solutions?

Thanks!

I just reinstalled again and it's still doing throwing the panic on the recovery boot. However when I pass in -v it loads, albeit really slowly with lots of errors. Then when trying to do a restore from Time Machine it fails.

Any other possible solutions?

Thanks!

No idea without details. fails... how?

It has been a while since I tried to do a TM restore. I would not use the Recovery partition for it... boot USB/OS X installer instead.

Hello everyone!
I have ssd as main drive with El Captain, and I want to install win10 on optical bay.
Yes I have read that install will fail:

>>**If you're installing Windows to secondary drive (upgrade bay), you will get error while installing. You can only install Windows UEFI to internal drive.<<

But what if I insert hdd as primary drive, install win there and put this hdd back to optical bay?
Will it work?
And what's the reason that win is not working on second drive? It is the same ssd, why does it matter?

But what if I insert hdd as primary drive, install win there and put this hdd back to optical bay?
Will it work?

Yes.

And what's the reason that win is not working on second drive? It is the same ssd, why does it matter?

Probably a BIOS bug.

Back