Contribute
Register

Guide To Install Yosemite on HP Laptops with Clover UEFI

Download patchmatic: https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-maciasl-patchmatic/downloads/RehabMan-patchmatic-2015-0107.zip
Extract the 'patchmatic' binary from the ZIP. Copy it to /usr/bin, such that you have the binary at /usr/bin/patchmatic.

In terminal,
Code:
if [ -d ~/Downloads/RehabMan ]; then rm -R ~/Downloads/RehabMan; fi
mkdir ~/Downloads/RehabMan
cd ~/Downloads/RehabMan
patchmatic -extract

Note: It is easier if you use copy/paste instead of typing the commands manually.

Post contents of Downloads/RehabMan directory (as ZIP).

Also, post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

And output from:
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
kextstat|grep -y applelpc

Also, post EFI/Clover folder.

Thanks RehabMan, all requested files attached.

Attachments

• IOReg.zip
    403.2 KB · Views: 46
  • output of kextstat.zip
    981 bytes · Views: 59
  • CLOVER.zip
    3.4 MB · Views: 51
  • RehabMan.zip
    22.9 KB · Views: 44
Not possible to doit with Clover Configurator?

I saw a line for that.

Ok i followed that guide and it works. http://www.tonymacx86.com/network/104850-guide-airport-pcie-half-mini-v2-71.html#post922401

I have two questions:

1: I tried to do it with Clover Configurator. I added a line in "Kernel and kext patches": IO80211Family / board id to change / new board id. I did it exactly like i did when i edited the IO80211Family kext. But it didn't work with Clover Conf (of course i reinstalled the original IO80211Family kext).

2:How could i define what exactly makes my HD3000 work with Mac mini 5,1 SMBIOS and subsequently mod the Macbook Pro 8,1 SMBIOS?

Thank you.

Thanks RehabMan, all requested files attached.

According to ioreg, WiFi is working.

As for BT, remove FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext, and update BrcmPatchRAM.kext.

Ok i followed that guide and it works. http://www.tonymacx86.com/network/104850-guide-airport-pcie-half-mini-v2-71.html#post922401

I have two questions:

1: I tried to do it with Clover Configurator. I added a line in "Kernel and kext patches": IO80211Family / board id to change / new board id. I did it exactly like i did when i edited the IO80211Family kext. But it didn't work with Clover Conf (of course i reinstalled the original IO80211Family kext).

You should verify you entered the data correctly. I never use Clover Configurator for these tasks...

Also, rebuild cache/etc. Clover config.plist patches can only work when booting with a valid cache.

2:How could i define what exactly makes my HD3000 work with Mac mini 5,1 SMBIOS and subsequently mod the Macbook Pro 8,1 SMBIOS?

It is controlled by the plist in IOPlatformPluginFamily (ACPI_SMC_* plugin).

According to ioreg, WiFi is working.

Was showing in status menu bar but was unable to switch it on!

As for BT, remove FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext, and update BrcmPatchRAM.kext.

Yes, after removing FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext and updating both IO80211Family.kext (to original) and BrcmPatchRAM.kext, now WiFi & BT is working fine.

Thanks a million...

Was showing in status menu bar but was unable to switch it on!

Yes, after removing FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext and updating both IO80211Family.kext (to original) and BrcmPatchRAM.kext, now WiFi & BT is working fine.

Thanks a million...

You may be able to put XHCIMux. Please test.

First off, THANK YOU! I was able to install OSX on my 8460p and most everything works :)

Then I followed the windows dual boot section, everything went well and I got windows 7 installed until I got to step 5, "5. Restart and go to BIOS > Advanced > Boot, find "Define Customized Boot", select Add, then type: Code: EFI\CLOVER\CLOVERX64.efi".

I went in to my bios on my 8460p and looked everywhere, first there is no advanced section, and second after searching every section there is no "Define Customized Boot".

Now it always boots to windows, how do I get it to boot to Clover?

Thanks!

-Tim

First off, THANK YOU! I was able to install OSX on my 8460p and most everything works :)

Then I followed the windows dual boot section, everything went well and I got windows 7 installed until I got to step 5, "5. Restart and go to BIOS > Advanced > Boot, find "Define Customized Boot", select Add, then type: Code: EFI\CLOVER\CLOVERX64.efi".

I went in to my bios on my 8460p and looked everywhere, first there is no advanced section, and second after searching every section there is no "Define Customized Boot".

Now it always boots to windows, how do I get it to boot to Clover?

Thanks!

-Tim

6-series laptops don't have the custom boot option.

Rename EFI/Microsoft/Boot/bootmgfw.efi to bootmgfw-orig.efi.

Thanks-- that fixed it! Now just waiting on a compatible wifi card to ship :)

Just noticed that when booting in to Mac Recovery I am getting a black screen after the apple logo.

It worked before I got my radeon card working on my main Mac install.

I also tried the boot without KEXTs option.

My main Mac install is working fine though. Is there a way to fix this so I can get my recovery partition running again?

Thanks!

-T

Figured out a work around, went into video injector settings and disabled ATI, etc. Got me into recovery! Woot!

Back