Contribute
Register

Guide To Install Yosemite on HP Laptops with Clover UEFI

Hello,

I installed on my probook 4440s and everything works great exept the shortcut keys (F1,F2,F3 etc)fot volume, brigthness, cue etc. What can I do to fix it?

Press without Fn

You can go to Syspref > Keyboard and stick the option to swap Fn and non-Fn

Help needed, I'm sure I'm doing something stupid...:banghead:

I follow the instructions fine until step 8, booting starts and then I get a blank screen. :thumbdown:

I have tried all three USB ports, nothing.

I am using a HP 8460p, HD3000 1600x900+, 4 GB ram.
I have copied the correct config.plist several times and even tried others... nothing

WLAN card disabled in BIOS, and rest of the settings as per guide (at least as far and I can see!)
Please help!
Thanks in advance!

Help needed, I'm sure I'm doing something stupid...:banghead:

I follow the instructions fine until step 8, booting starts and then I get a blank screen. :thumbdown:

I have tried all three USB ports, nothing.

I am using a HP 8460p, HD3000 1600x900+, 4 GB ram.
I have copied the correct config.plist several times and even tried others... nothing

WLAN card disabled in BIOS, and rest of the settings as per guide (at least as far and I can see!)
Please help!
Thanks in advance!

Boot verbose for troubleshooting. Post quality photo of entire screen if it stops. Post EFI/Clover folder from USB.

IMG_0238.jpgIMG_0236.jpgIMG_0234.jpgIMG_0233.jpg
Many thanks fr the super quick reply! :headbang: thanks Rehabman

These are in reverse sequence, but hopefully it gives you enough to go on.
After that I am left with a blank screen, no photo needed I hope (just darkness)

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    4.4 MB · Views: 70
View attachment 132081View attachment 132082View attachment 132083View attachment 132084
Many thanks fr the super quick reply! :headbang: thanks Rehabman

These are in reverse sequence, but hopefully it gives you enough to go on.
After that I am left with a blank screen, no photo needed I hope (just darkness)

The screens look normal. Black screen is normal too. Be patient... booting the installer from USB is not quick. Make sure you try different USB ports... Try plugging in an HDMI monitor.

1600x900 displays are always tricky... Maybe try config.plist/Graphics/InjectEDID=true as well.

Note: You should not change the bootflags.

:thumbdown: Thanks again RehabMan but still no joy.....

I wait and wait on the black screen ... but nothing...
Retried the other USB's but no joy there... I get a mashed up screen with a crossed out circle.

Also tried your suggestion config.plist/Graphics/InjectEDID=true sadly no luck....

Alas my 8460p has no HDMI or DV-i output so no luck there and as I understand it Hackintosh does not support VGA (which is my only video output).

I hope this isn't the end of the road!

I screwed my Mackintosh and reinstalled everything (dual boot with Win 7). Everything works great. I have only one issue. Now my screen is like washout. I had way more contrast before. I installed the extra colors. I found the thread about the brightness but I thought it was a resolved issue. Any suggestion or advice?

Is it worth trying Mavericks instead, or do you think I will get the same results?

Or possibly trying other USB sticks?

Is anything worth trying?

Thanks again

:thumbdown: Thanks again RehabMan but still no joy.....

I wait and wait on the black screen ... but nothing...
Retried the other USB's but no joy there... I get a mashed up screen with a crossed out circle.

Also tried your suggestion config.plist/Graphics/InjectEDID=true sadly no luck....

Alas my 8460p has no HDMI or DV-i output so no luck there and as I understand it Hackintosh does not support VGA (which is my only video output).

I hope this isn't the end of the road!

Your 8460p must have DisplayPort. Use it instead of HDMI...

Back