Contribute
Register

Guide To Install Yosemite on HP Laptops with Clover UEFI

Excuse but are passed directly from the introduction to the known problems without see compatible wifi cards :mrgreen:

apparently I have to buy a broadcom 43224HMS ..... but there is a lock in the bios that prevents to mount other boards? I had resolved in my pavilion dv5 editing the bios with a hex editor ...

from what I read the 43224 does not support continuity \ handoff right?

edit: ok I saw that the broadcom 43224 works with the patch http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/302410-patch-enabling-handoff-for-non-apple-bt4-devices/

All you need is included in PBI CE already, just follow the guide...

8460p's BIOS is RSA encrypted, goodluck editing it!

Hello,
I'm getting ready to turn in hackintosh my new HP EliteBook 8460p.
Now equipped with a wifi intel mini pci express which obviously does not go on osx.
Reading the [Guide] Airport - Half Mini PCIe v2 by toleda I understand that to have wifi + bt + handoff \ continuity I have to buy a BCM94352.

I would need some confirmations :
1) It works oob?
2) this is fine? http://www.ebay.it/itm/Azurewave-AW...338?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cdbbe923a
3) What is the difference compared to the more expensive BCM94360?

thanks!

The 94360HMB (if you could find one) offers higher speeds. I think you'd have trouble finding one...

Your laptop has a whitelist in BIOS though... You should probably read carefully.

Yes, with with USB Key OSX Installer, but i don't understand why ?
When you make custom entries, config.plist must be modified when you close clover configurator, isnt'it ?
Step by step I did this
  • Update P.B.I.C.E for USB3,
  • Custom entries previously made have disappeared

The GUI is no longer the same is this normal?
  • I create only W8 custom entries to check the next reboot.
  • Clover configurator propose to save changes and replace the config.plist, I say yes
Next reboot, i have only W8 entrie in menu and misspelled.

If you know has brought me these gaps I'm interested, thank you

I don't use Clover Configurator (I use xcode). It is possible you've found bug. Look at the resulting config.plist before and after the edits with CC and report the bug to the author if there is one.

The 94360HMB (if you could find one) offers higher speeds. I think you'd have trouble finding one...

Your laptop has a whitelist in BIOS though... You should probably read carefully.

Hello,
we have just discussed, the 8460p has the whitelist, the bios is encrypted with rsa so I can not take it off .

I bought the broadcom 43224HMS as specified on the first page of the guide

I don't use Clover Configurator (I use xcode). It is possible you've found bug. Look at the resulting config.plist before and after the edits with CC and report the bug to the author if there is one.

Config.plist after Ok but before, where is ?

Attachments

• config-generate.plist
    14 KB · Views: 225
Hello,
we have just discussed, the 8460p has the whitelist, the bios is encrypted with rsa so I can not take it off .

Yes, I'm well aware of the inability to defeat the whitelist...

Side note: Someone should try rebranding one of the "better" cards (to pass the whitelist), then use FakePCIID to make it work...

I bought the broadcom 43224HMS as specified on the first page of the guide

Brilliant :)

Run PBI CE again to create one.

I did it already and everything is OK, the problem comes from the update Clover configurator is when I wanted to create the customized entries that concern appeared.Currently with the latest PBICE everything is spotless but I dare not use CConf

Back