Contribute
Register

Guide To Install Yosemite on HP Laptops with Clover UEFI

I tried to install Windows 8.1 UEFI as dual boot. Just follow the guide #1 post step by step, but got an error "Windows could not update the computer's boot configuration. Installation cannot proceed[FONT=arial, sans-serif]".
Can I
[/FONT]somehow[FONT=arial, sans-serif] fix this?[/FONT]

Do you have multiple drives?
Are you using a retail Win8.1?

I tried to install Windows 8.1 UEFI as dual boot. Just follow the guide #1 post step by step, but got an error "Windows could not update the computer's boot configuration. Installation cannot proceed".
Can I
somehow fix this?

Disable upgrade bay in bios.

In OS X Terminal, show output of:
Code:
sudo fdisk /dev/disk0
diskutil list
Screen Shot 2015-01-25 at 19.51.12.png
Disk1 is an usb-stick with win8.1 maked by Rufus program.

View attachment 123543
Disk1 is an usb-stick with win8.1 maked by Rufus program.

Get rid of the two Microsoft partitions. Create a single HFS+ partition in Disk Utility in their place. Build your USB by copying the Win81 ISO to a freshly formatted FAT32 partition on USB (don't use rufus). Try again, by booting it in UEFI mode and simply formatting the HFS+ partition as NTFS within "Custom" Windows install.

Ok.
I created one HFS + partition instead of the two microsoft partitions.
Just copy the contents of the Win81 ISO to MS-DOS (FAT) formatted usb-stick.
Press f9 on boot, choose boot from efi file -> select win81 usb-stick -> efi -> boot -> bootx64.efi
When the installation comes to choosing partition, I delete HFS+ partition and select this space for installing Windows, clicking next. Then there are 5 points installation, in the fifth, I get an error "Windows could not update the computer's boot configuration. Installation cannot proceed"

Ok.
I created one HFS + partition instead of the two microsoft partitions.
Just copy the contents of the Win81 ISO to MS-DOS (FAT) formatted usb-stick.
Press f9 on boot, choose boot from efi file -> select win81 usb-stick -> efi -> boot -> bootx64.efi
When the installation comes to choosing partition, I delete HFS+ partition and select this space for installing Windows, clicking next. Then there are 5 points installation, in the fifth, I get an error "Windows could not update the computer's boot configuration. Installation cannot proceed"

Don't delete the partition. Just format it.

Make sure when Windows (during install process) is booting, that you're always booting via BIOS (not through Clover).

Make sure when Windows (during install process) is booting, that you're always booting via BIOS (not through Clover).

You can't format HFS+ partition by Windows Installation, that option is greyed out.

@Andrevvvvv: Try other Windows installer.

Format button is unavailable. I can't continue without delete this HFS+ partition.
IMG_0002.jpg

@nguyenmac
Tried also Windows 10 TP, same result.
I found solution on other forum: using windows cmd with fixboot command. But I think it's only windows-based or bios-based solution. So it can damage clover bootloader with OS X.

Back