Contribute
Register

Guide To Install Yosemite on HP Laptops with Clover UEFI

What should I use to format partitions. Disk utility from OS X installer won't mount these partitions, and from windows I can't also format them.

You don't need mounting partition to format by disk utility.

Also, the time you're going to make this work is longer than the time that you backed up your drive and reinstall everything...

You don't need mounting partition to format by disk utility.

Also, the time you're going to make this work is longer than the time that you backed up your drive and reinstall everything...
Well I currently don't have where to backup 500GB data. Let's say that I somehow backuped data to external storage.
Then I can completely change partition table of that drive. How much space should I leave for EFI partition. I know 300MB is minimum but is there recomended size?

Hello friends,
I tried and tried again, but could not load yossemite. After the appearance of the "apple", reboot my laptop. I saw an article about the problem with Hanswell ...
If someone can help me. For now, I have followed the letter that configuration.

Hello friends,
I tried and tried again, but could not load yossemite. After the appearance of the "apple", reboot my laptop. I saw an article about the problem with Hanswell ...
If someone can help me. For now, I have followed the letter that configuration.

Post your EFI folder in USB.

Well I currently don't have where to backup 500GB data. Let's say that I somehow backuped data to external storage.

No backup for 500GB of "important data". Wow -- I guess you like living dangerously.

How much space should I leave for EFI partition. I know 300MB is minimum but is there recomended size?

Disk Utility will create a 200MB EFI partition. It is adequate.

No backup for 500GB of "important data". Wow -- I guess you like living dangerously.

Disk Utility will create a 200MB EFI partition. It is adequate.

Well I'm snowboarder, so yeah, I like to live dangerously. I'm new to installing OS X but that doesn't mean you can make fun of me. If you don't want to answer to any of my questions, I'm not forcing you.

I have made a backup, partitioned the hdd from scratch and installed OS X. Guide is perfectly detailed, no problems there. So if I have 2 hdd drives on which drive will HP installer in step "Install Clover UEFI bootloader" install clover to?

Well I'm snowboarder, so yeah, I like to live dangerously. I'm new to installing OS X but that doesn't mean you can make fun of me. If you don't want to answer to any of my questions, I'm not forcing you.

I have made a backup, partitioned the hdd from scratch and installed OS X. Guide is perfectly detailed, no problems there. So if I have 2 hdd drives on which drive will HP installer in step "Install Clover UEFI bootloader" install clover to?

PBI CE will install bootloader to the EFI partition of the disk containing current OS X.

HP laptop will boot from bootloader in EFI partition of the internal disk (not caddy bay).

So if you have OS X on secondary disk (caddy), after running PBI CE (step 13), you have to copy files from EFI parition in secondary disk to the internal disk.

If you don't copy, you have to press F9 > Boot from EFI file > Select EFI in secondary disk each startup.

Not "making fun". Just questioning your judgment.

Your questions implied you were willing to mess with your disk partitioning (without really understanding what you're doing) on a disk that had "important data" that had no backup. I was simply stressing in the strongest terms possible how this is a very bad idea.

PBI CE will install bootloader to the EFI partition of the disk containing current OS X.

HP laptop will boot from bootloader in EFI partition of the internal disk (not caddy bay).

So if you have OS X on secondary disk (caddy), after running PBI CE (step 13), you have to copy files from EFI parition in secondary disk to the internal disk.

If you don't copy, you have to press F9 > Boot from EFI file > Select EFI in secondary disk each startup.

Cool. I don't mind pressing F9 each time I want to boot OS X. It will work just perfectly for me. Tnx

I tried to install Windows 8.1 UEFI as dual boot. Just follow the guide #1 post step by step, but got an error "Windows could not update the computer's boot configuration. Installation cannot proceed[FONT=arial, sans-serif]".
Can I
[/FONT]somehow[FONT=arial, sans-serif] fix this?[/FONT]

Back