Contribute
Register

Guide To Install Yosemite on HP Laptops with Clover UEFI

Note: If you follow the guide, this is not a necessary step. The guide instructs you to repartition the drive in step 6.

I understand it wasn't a necessary step, but as I had tried everything else, I just fully wiped the drive. As this a new computer, I didn't have any data on it other than the various OS's installed. I was simply reporting what steps I had taken, not suggesting that these were the right and recommended ones.

I fully wiped my drive, used disk utilities (while installed Yosemite) to single partition the drive hfs+ then followed through with the install. Technically I guess I cleared it twice.

Because I can't figure out why RC2 did not work for you (RC3 is basically the same thing). I won't go back to Beta 5/6, instead I want to fix it... If RC3 does not work for you now, future version of PBI CE is not likely to support your model anymore.

Here is procedure to test:
1. Backup EFI folder.
2. Remove EFI/CLOVER and EFI/BOOT.
3. Boot from CLOVER USB (not from HDD), press F4 at Clover screen before booting to OS X.
4. Run PBI CE RC3.
5. Collect troubleshooting files before restarting.
6. If system can't boot, boot from USB,restore your EFI folder and give me troubleshooting files.

I think I am done playing guinea pig. I removed EFI/clover and efi/boot.

I used clover from usb. I pressed f4. And guess what. I am stuck. Fatal, found unsupported chip. What the hell.:banghead::banghead::banghead:

I think I am done playing guinea pig. I removed EFI/clover and efi/boot.

I used clover from usb. I pressed f4. And guess what. I am stuck. Fatal, found unsupported chip. What the hell.:banghead::banghead::banghead:

So....

I take my efi backup and try to install
from that and I get EXACTLY what I was getting yesterday that caused me to have to reinstall 4 times.

Now what?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    799.4 KB · Views: 78
So....

I take my efi backup and try to install
from that and I get EXACTLY what I was getting yesterday that caused me to have to reinstall 4 times.

Now what?

Looks like I am going to waste my entire night reinstalling yosemite again. Terrific. And I just spent all day reloading my programs, updating, signing into outlook, etc. Why does it freeze at 25%. How do I get it to start now?

Looks like I am going to waste my entire night reinstalling yosemite again. Terrific. And I just spent all day reloading my programs, updating, signing into outlook, etc. Why does it freeze at 25%. How do I get it to start now?

Copy your backup EFI/Boot and EFI/Clover to USB and start up.

I did that. And the picture is the result. It's frozen at 25% no matter what I do.

I'm done. This will be my fifth install of yosemite in 48 hours because we are playing russian roulette with PBI.

I can't even get the system working long enough to see if my new wifi card works. Sucks. I want to help, but last time it required reinstalling both my OSs.

I'm done. This will be my fifth install of yosemite in 48 hours because we are playing russian roulette with PBI.

I can't even get the system working long enough to see if my new wifi card works. Sucks. I want to help, but last time it required reinstalling both my OSs.

Perhaps you should install it like a "normal laptop" without support of the ProBook Installer.

You might gain some knowledge about how this stuff actually works, be able to contribute the specifics for your laptop, and have a better appreciation for the tools like the ProBook Installer.

Read all applicable stickies here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-laptop-support/

Sorry for your time, follow RehabMan's suggestion then.

Will remove 3x0 G1 in next version.

Back