Contribute
Register

Guide To Install Mavericks with Clover Bootloader

+1

RehabMan, philip_petrev or nguyenmac, what do you think?

Thanks!

No problem I can see, but because I constantly update to Clover pre-release version for testing, it would be better to install to S/L/E in case new Clover breaks the Inject kexts function.

No problem I can see, but because I constantly update to Clover pre-release version for testing, it would be better to install to S/L/E in case new Clover breaks the Inject kexts function.

Is there any noticeable difference in boot times?

Whilst I can sort of see the benefit to this, I kind of don't at the same time.

So updating is fine, custom Kexts don't get replaced.

But then surely you need to re patch using your preferred method the new kexts and then replace them in EFI location after each update, more work in the end perhaps?

Is there any noticeable difference in boot times?

Whilst I can sort of see the benefit to this, I kind of don't at the same time.

So updating is fine, custom Kexts don't get replaced.

But then surely you need to re patch using your preferred method the new kexts and then replace them in EFI location after each update, more work in the end perhaps?

Only AppleIntelCapriFB is needed to patch after update, if you use dummy HDA kext.

so any other patched kexts we use, we can continue to use older versions instead of patching new ones when an update is released?

If you're patching AppleHDA on-the-fly, the only kext you need to patch after update is AppleIntelCapriFB to get HDMI working. Eventually, you don't need to patch that kext if you're using 1366x768 screen!

Cheer!

If you're patching AppleHDA on-the-fly, the only kext you need to patch after update is AppleIntelCapriFB to get HDMI working. Eventually, you don't need to patch that kext if you're using 1366x768 screen!

Cheer!

Is there any way to have Clover patch AppleIntelCapriFB then? So that there would be no need for any patching after updates at all.

You might want to add a note in the installing win7 dual boot. I found that after following the directions exactly everything went fine.

But if I did the windows update and installed the intel hd3000 update, I would then get a blue screen of death BSOD on the next boot. I found that it is a known error with hd3000 and hd4000 and uefi.

To overcome it you have to install the SP1 update. And only after that you can install the intel hd3000 update.

You might want to add a note in the installing win7 dual boot. I found that after following the directions exactly everything went fine.

But if I did the windows update and installed the intel hd3000 update, I would then get a blue screen of death BSOD on the next boot. I found that it is a known error with hd3000 and hd4000 and uefi.

To overcome it you have to install the SP1 update. And only after that you can install the intel hd3000 update.

Added it, thank you!

can i just put clover on one stick and boot then my unibeast stick with it?
my internet is very slow and i already tried it and it worked, but can install it without problems?

Back