Contribute
Register

Guide To Install Mavericks with Clover Bootloader

I don't have any kind of external usb storage (except for pendrives) but I can test virtual disks for sure. I'll edit this post accordingly.

edit: New post below.

Open up Clover Configurator (I guess you have it installed, right?) and let it mount your EFI partition (it will ask you about it on the start). Then, go to the Gui tab (6th from the left) and have a look at the "Theme". Here's where you type in name of a theme folder, which has to be placed into /EFI/EFI/CLOVER/themes/. Remember, it has to be a folder, not just some separate files.

Here's the one I'm using: https://www.dropbox.com/s/8jc1bwhsh86rjen/mlcamp.zip
You can download themes from places like clover wiki, projectosx or insanelymac forums. There are lots of them.

And RE: iCloud. Go to SMBIOS tab in Clover Configurator and click the big "magic wand" button. A new window will appear, where you have to select MacBook Pro (8,1) from the list in the top left corner. Make sure everything is filled and press OK. And then go File -> Save. Reboot.

mr-a, I would like to use the standard one (the one that is in clover when I have installed mavericks). Where I can find it?
BTW, give me a minute, I will try the SMBIOS thing.

Thanks!

Can I delete the other images file in the theme folder (leaving only the mavs style s folder)?

Thanks!

I wouldn't do it, I think these are some fallback images in case there's something wrong with the theme you have selected in your config. I'm not sure though - but still, wouldn't mess with it.

Also, remember to set your theme folder name in the config.plist (you can use Clover Configurator.app for that, as per instructions).

Did you follow my guide? It's in step 17.

Follow mr.andrek for more details. If it can't work, use DPCI Manager to check if your ethernet is en0.

The smbios thing, don't work.
Checking with dlci manager, in the status manager I can see:

usb - en0
wireless network adapter - en1
rtl8168e/8111e - en2

Thanks!

You plugged your USB wifi before installing Ethernet and wifi kexts, that's why your Ethernet is set to en1.

Go to Network, remove all connection, then go /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/ and delete those files:

• CaptiveNetworkSupport
  • com.apple.airport.preferences.plist
  • com.apple.network.eapolclient.configuration.plist
  • NetworkInterfaces.plist
Restart, then go to Network, add your connections again (Ethernet first).

You plugged your USB wifi before installing Ethernet and wifi kexts, that's why your Ethernet is set to en1.

Go to Network, remove all connection, then go /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/ and delete those files:

• CaptiveNetworkSupport

It worked. Thank you!
Why the edid generator don't work anymore? It's necessary?

Thanks!

• CaptiveNetworkSupport

Another thing.. step 14. (Optional) Restore vanilla AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext, AppleRTC.kext (they're backed up in desktop) by using Kext Wizard.
What change if we restore those kexts or not?

Thanks!

Another thing.. step 14. (Optional) Restore vanilla AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext, AppleRTC.kext (they're backed up in desktop) by using Kext Wizard.
What change if we restore those kexts or not?

Thanks!

I'm not sure about EDID, maybe it changes the name of display in About this mac to HP probook.

Step 14 is optional, it makes no change.

Is there any speed difference between injecting kexts via Clover and loading them from /S/L/E/, i.e. the "old fashioned way"? I'm thinking of doing what Philip said back in the 10.9.2 update thread - moving all the probook-related kexts to Clover and leaving only AppleHDAIDT dummy kext in /S/L/E/. Are there any drawbacks to this method?

+1

RehabMan, philip_petrev or nguyenmac, what do you think?

Thanks!

Back