Contribute
Register

Guide To Install Mavericks with Clover Bootloader

Just notice that I can use hibernate mode 3 too. Looks like Apple has changed the hibernate mode, and the system won't go to hibernate automatically anymore.

Set to mode 0 to always make sure that hibernate mode is completely disabled.

Well, "your mileage may vary". I had issues with sleep (I mean not me, my 4530s obviously) before but since 10.9.2 I don't anymore. I had my laptop auto-restart, freeze on wake... Lots of issues, sleep was quite unreliable, to put it mildly. As said before, 10.9.2 came out and my problems with sleep vanished. I'm not sure what specifically changed but sleep works fantastically now. And I use it very frequently, like 10 times a day. 0 issues whatsoever.

can you confirm sleep/wake works with devices attached? such as external usb storage, virtual storage : such as truecrypt containers, virtual disk images. these were the main issues causing sleep wake issues on my 4x30s probook.

devices like usb mouse keyboard works fine after sleep/wake.

the above is non-clover setup. PBI/chameleon.

can you confirm sleep/wake works with devices attached? such as external usb storage, virtual storage : such as truecrypt containers, virtual disk images. these were the main issues causing sleep wake issues on my 4x30s probook.

I confirm that sleep/wake is working fine with external HD and USB attached.

Thanks!

Just notice that I can use hibernate mode 3 too. Looks like Apple has changed the hibernate mode, and the system won't go to hibernate automatically anymore.

Set to mode 0 to always make sure that hibernate mode is completely disabled.

I made a fresh new 10.9.2 install with clover and everything is gone ok.
I felt the installation more "pure".

I want to report few things:

1. The EDID generation doesn't work..
2. How is possible to change the clover theme? I picked the apple style one, but I don't like it so much..
3. I confirm that the sleep fix is not necessary..
4. Why we use an ssdt.aml file if clover can do that?
5. Can we use a system definition from the pro book installer?
6. I cannot login in the App Store..

Thanks!

2. How is possible to change the clover theme? I picked the apple style one, but I don't like it so much..
5. Can we use a system definition from the pro book installer?

Thanks!
Use Clover Configurator to change theme and SMBIOS by editting config.plist

3. I confirm that the sleep fix is not necessary..
Just in case, you don't need it because your laptop does not hibernate. One of my other laptops can't wake without this fix. Looks like the hibernate mode acts differently on various SMBIOS.
4. Why we use an ssdt.aml file if clover can do that?
RehabMan reported missing speedstep with one of his cpus, so I changed that.
6. I cannot login in the App Store..
Can you log in iCloud? Does your ethernet set to en0? Do you change your Serial number like the guide?

Use Clover Configurator to change theme and SMBIOS by editting config.plist

Just in case, you don't need it because your laptop does not hibernate. One of my other laptops can't wake without this fix. Looks like the hibernate mode acts differently on various SMBIOS.

RehabMan reported missing speedstep with one of his cpus, so I changed that.

Can you log in iCloud? Does your ethernet set to en0? Do you change your Serial number like the guide?

No way to log in with iCloud or app store.. Which serial number?
I don't know how to change the theme in the cc.. please explain me..
I'm on wi-fi connection

Thanks!

I don't have any kind of external usb storage (except for pendrives) but I can test virtual disks for sure. I'll edit this post accordingly.

edit: New post below.

(...)
I'm on wi-fi connection

Thanks!

Open up Clover Configurator (I guess you have it installed, right?) and let it mount your EFI partition (it will ask you about it on the start). Then, go to the Gui tab (6th from the left) and have a look at the "Theme". Here's where you type in name of a theme folder, which has to be placed into /EFI/EFI/CLOVER/themes/. Remember, it has to be a folder, not just some separate files.

Here's the one I'm using: https://www.dropbox.com/s/8jc1bwhsh86rjen/mlcamp.zip
You can download themes from places like clover wiki, projectosx or insanelymac forums. There are lots of them.

And RE: iCloud. Go to SMBIOS tab in Clover Configurator and click the big "magic wand" button. A new window will appear, where you have to select MacBook Pro (8,1) from the list in the top left corner. Make sure everything is filled and press OK. And then go File -> Save. Reboot.

No way to log in with iCloud or app store.. Which serial number?
I'm on wi-fi connection

Thanks!

Did you follow my guide? It's in step 17.

Follow mr.andrek for more details. If it can't work, use DPCI Manager to check if your ethernet is en0.

appleiscool, I did three sleep/wake ups with an usb pendrive (with two partitions on it) in the usb3 port and a Virtualbox disk image mounted. No problems whatsoever.

edit:
I'm thinking about moving all the probook-related kexts to /EFI for Clover to inject. Is there any difference regarding boot speed with this method comparing to loading from /S/L/E/ (the old way)? Are there any drawbacks to this method?

Is there any speed difference between injecting kexts via Clover and loading them from /S/L/E/, i.e. the "old fashioned way"? I'm thinking of doing what Philip said back in the 10.9.2 update thread - moving all the probook-related kexts to Clover and leaving only AppleHDAIDT dummy kext in /S/L/E/. Are there any drawbacks to this method?

Back