Contribute
Register

Guide To Install Mavericks with Clover Bootloader

3. Something for the guide: UEFI Hybrid with CSM is a must for Windows 7 too. It can't even reach the Windows boot screen on UEFI Native.

Are you trying to install on different HDDs?

If so, your correct, certainly on a laptop anyway, I have windows installed like that, not UEFI, I could manage it, with some messing about, but it became troublesome when trying to install updates in windows, and also unstable.

On the same HDD I see no reason for it not to work fully UEFI.

You have to rename it exactly "bootmgfw-orig.efi", any other name will not work. Clover still depends on name-patch matching.

I've done it and it works. Thanks for the tip!

About SLIC table, try using AIDA64 to find if the SLIC table is injected correctly. If not, open config.plist with CC and enable Boot > Log, boot to Windows again, then OS X. Go to EFI/Clover/misc and post your debug.log to see if it's injected.

Of course! I have forgotten that all ACPI tables can be seen with AIDA64 too. Thanks for reminding me! According AIDA64 I have such table, loaded in the memory. Strange, the SLIC Dump Toolkit doesn't seems to see it, probably it dumps the tables differently. Anyway, another problem was the bad slic/sert combination and I've fixed that too.

Are you trying to install on different HDDs?

If so, your correct, certainly on a laptop anyway, I have windows installed like that, not UEFI, I could manage it, with some messing about, but it became troublesome when trying to install updates in windows, and also unstable.

On the same HDD I see no reason for it not to work fully UEFI.

No, I don't have another HDD. According to several sources over the net (you can find them with googling) a hybrid UEFI should be used for Windows 7 as well as all the legacy OSes. I tried several times to boot the Windows 7 partition with Clover UEFI and Native UEFI, enabled in BIOS, but it just doesn't work, you'll see only one black screen and the only thing you can do is to restart the laptop.

Happy hollydays to everyone BTW :D !!!

I wrote here few pages behind about my problems with the OS not going up after sleep. Apparently it is a known issue for Mavericks ( https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5548226?start=45&tstart=0 https://discussions.apple.com/message/23919123#23919123#23919123 https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5495588?start=120&tstart=0 https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5495027?start=0&tstart=0 ) that has nothing to do with either Clover (I have this even with Chameleon now) or the system being set on a hackintosh… And apparently the fix is on the way, so if anyone else here is experiencing such problems - wait till Apple releases an update… Perhaps 10.9.2?

I can confirm EC reset has fixed my last issue with OS X. Am now waiting for the new WiFi card so I get a fully functioning Hackintosh.

My thanks to you all! :)

Merry Christmas!

- Sleep is not reliable on 6-series laptops. It can cause the system to auto restart some minutes after wake.

I remember having the same issue on my 7-series laptop (HP 4540s). The only difference is that I use a Sandy Bridge CPU. I haven't tried the new Clover version.

I guess I was too quick to call it all done.

I installed my new WiFi card, detected by Mac OS X as an AirPort Extreme card with an AR9280 chip, while it's actually an AR5B93 card with an AR9283 chipset.

I did the EC reset, I reinstalled using the HP ProBook installer the DSDT and SSDT files, yet my WiFi card is detected, it can be turned on, but it cannot see any wireless network. I also mention the button dedicated to the WiFi card has a yellow light and not a white one (the button on the top-right of the laptop keyboard).

Help, please? :(

EDiT
After fiddling with the antennae connectors, I finally have WiFi! Wohoo!

I didn't build one. What card is it? Have you considered just re-branding your card?

Hi,I use BCM94322HM8L with rebranded subid`s,but I don't know is it possible to rebrand vendor and product id.

Hi,I use BCM94322HM8L with rebranded subid`s,but I don't know is it possible to rebrand vendor and product id.

It probably would not do any good anyway. Because it still would not pass the whitelist. Consider using an AR9280/AR9285 instead.

Back