Contribute
Register

Guide To Install Mavericks with Clover Bootloader

clover 2428 released.

Can anyone point me to release notes for the latest clover files, to the average user like myself, we have no idea of what changes are implemented each time there is a new version.

Thanks

I always look at the History here to see the changes. http://sourceforge.net/p/cloverefiboot/code/HEAD/tree/

Obviously we have:
- NewYear theme from 1/1 to 7/1 :clap::clap:
- speedstep for haswell
- fix bugs in theme.

Great guide, great job! Full respect.

The only problem is that Clover does not auto boot from Fusion drive. Have to press enter every time I reboot. Kind of annoying and cannot do remote reboot.
Has anyone managed to work around this?

Great guide, great job! Full respect.

The only problem is that Clover does not auto boot from Fusion drive. Have to press enter every time I reboot. Kind of annoying and cannot do remote reboot.
Has anyone managed to work around this?

Clover has a bad habit that it always uses the efi-boot-device value in nvram to determine which volume to boot by default, and the value may not match the Fusion drive entry. Please post Library/Logs/CloverEFI/boot.log and /nvram.plist, I may report it later.

Please post Library/Logs/CloverEFI/boot.log

I don't have this one in either /Library or ~/Library.
What setting in config.plist is needed to create it?

Note that Clover installation on Fusion drive does not work either. Workaround, of course, is to install on any other drive, then copy over to EFI partitions in Fusion volume. Something I mentioned on Clover list long ago and they had zero interest, kind of "I don't have a Fusion drive and I don't care". So, I do not expect much from Clover devs, but maybe there is some smart workaround for making Clover work on Fusion?

I don't have this one in either /Library or ~/Library.
What setting in config.plist is needed to create it?

Note that Clover installation on Fusion drive does not work either. Workaround, of course, is to install on any other drive, then copy over to EFI partitions in Fusion volume. Something I mentioned on Clover list long ago and they had zero interest (ie, "I don't have a Fusion drive and I don't care"). So, I do not expect much from Clover devs, but maybe there is some smart workaround for making Clover work on Fusion?

Run installer again with only "Install RC scripts on target volume" option will create both files.

Run installer again with only "Install RC scripts on target volume" option will create both files.
Nope, obviously installer fails before that. Here's /nvram.plist just in case.
And disk layout:
mackrap:~ shpokas$ diskutil list
/dev/disk0
#: TYPE NAME SIZE IDENTIFIER
0: GUID_partition_scheme *256.1 GB disk0
1: EFI EFI 209.7 MB disk0s1
2: Apple_CoreStorage 255.7 GB disk0s2
3: Apple_Boot Boot OS X 134.2 MB disk0s3
/dev/disk1
0: GUID_partition_scheme *750.2 GB disk1
1: EFI EFI 209.7 MB disk1s1
2: Apple_CoreStorage 749.3 GB disk1s2
3: Apple_Boot Boot OS X 650.0 MB disk1s3
/dev/disk2
0: Apple_HFS Mavericks *999.1 GB disk2
mackrap:~ shpokas$

Attachments

• nvram.plist
    1.2 KB · Views: 151
Nope, obviously installer fails before that. Here's /nvram.plist just in case.
And disk layout:

Enable Boot > Debug in config.plist and you may get EFI/Clover/misc/debug.log after reboot.

Back