Contribute
Register

Guide To Install Mavericks with Clover Bootloader

FOR EVERYONE: If you can, please update Clover to version 2395. Many fixes about memory has been implemented.:thumbup:

I think I've found another solution: you should set the Clover resolution to 1024x768 and no more distorted bootscreens in both graphical and verbose mode.
Clover Configurator / Gui / Screen resolution / 1024x768 / Save

Nice, I will add it.

Nice, I will add it.

One more thing:

1. Mount EFI partition

The recommend way is using Clover Configurator to mount EFI partition (Extra > MountEFI). Note that you have to unmount existing EFI partition first.

To mount EFI partition, you can use the following command in terminal:
Code:
diskutil list
mkdir /Volumes/EFI
sudo mount -t msdos /dev/disk0s1 /Volumes/EFI  
--Note:  if diskutil tells you your mavericks install is on disk1, disk2, etc change /disk0s1 appropriately.

There is no need of all these commands, a simple run of sudo diskutil mount /dev/disk0s1 will auto-mount the EFI partition to /Volumes/EFI and sudo diskutil unmount /dev/disk0s1 or sudo diskutil unmount /Volumes/EFI will unmount it. Once mounted, the EFI partition also can be "ejected" via Finder.

I tried following this method to install mavericks 9.1 onto hp 8570p (i5 3320m and graphics ati 7570m)
but I am having infinite circle on apple screen and into verbose mode its stuck at waiting for dsmos, I thought it is graphics card issue, so I used GraphicsEnabler=No flag but still the same error persists.
Is it may be its mavericks 9.1 ? Because only 9.1 was available through app store, in my laptop there is no way to disable 7570m graphics card

My guide only supports HD3000/HD4000 graphics card (because I don't have them). You can try boot with -x or go to Clover options, set inject intel=false, inject ati=true. See more here:
http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/to...e-working-by-using-clover/page-2#entry1975688

-x gave me kernel panic and computer restarted
in clover option, I have injectati = [], which I changed to injectati=[+] but still comes back to Waiting for dsmos.
In clover option , Graphics Injector menu, the model says AMD radeon HD 7650m, should I remove it and leave it blank ? any suggestion I would appreciate and thanks for the link I have that in my favorites its just getting os to install is giving me problem

Where does it get KP with -x?

right a way when apple logo is appeared
so far I am trying different boot flags from other post of RehabMan such as : "IGPEnabler=No PCIRootUID=0 GraphicsEnabler=No".

Sorry, I have no idea with discrete graphic card. Try using Unibeast and boot with -x.

I tried following this method to install mavericks 9.1 onto hp 8570p (i5 3320m and graphics ati 7570m)
but I am having infinite circle on apple screen and into verbose mode its stuck at waiting for dsmos, I thought it is graphics card issue, so I used GraphicsEnabler=No flag but still the same error persists.
Is it may be its mavericks 9.1 ? Because only 9.1 was available through app store, in my laptop there is no way to disable 7570m graphics card

"Waiting for dsmos" means you forgot to install FakeSMC....

Thank you for replying Rehabman
I have FakeSMC in EFI>CLOVER>KEXTS>10.9>FakeSMC.kext
is this the right place ?
I will try your guide by using unibeast

That works as long as your always choosing to inject. Kexts you plan to use always should be installed to /s/l/e.

Thanks for the reply RehabMan, however I successfully installed Mavericks (10.9.1) onto my 8570p hp using your method with Unibeast and all is working, only my graphics card is a problem, since there is no way to enable my onboard hd 4000 card so I am stuck with AMD 7570m and I am currently looking for a solution

You'll need to do some google searching on how to enable Radeon 7-series. There are probably some DSDT patches and/or kext Info.plist editing you must do.

Install Windows UEFI as dual boot

Install Windows UEFI (and other UEFI OSes) are quite easy because you don't need to mess up with Boot records. See FAQ for more detail.

1. Create your Windows UEFI install USB key by following the guide here:
http://www.eightforums.com/tutorials/15458-uefi-bootable-usb-flash-drive-create-windows.html

2. Use Disk Utility or GParted to create a partition with Mac OS X Extended format on hard drive for Windows. This will prevent OS X from convert your drive to GPT/Hybrid MBR.

3. Restart and press F9 to choose Boot devices > Boot from EFI file > choose your Windows Install USB key > EFI > Boot > BOOTX64.efi

4. Use Windows installer to format the partition you prepared as NTFS. Complete install and now you will boot to Windows by default, Clover disappears.

5. Restart and press F9 to choose Boot devices > Boot from EFI file > choose your EFI partition (which contains Clover bootloader) > EFI > Clover > CLOVERX64.efi

6. You can now see Clover bootloader with new entry "Boot Microsoft UEFI Menu from EFI".

7. Boot to OS X and use Clover Configurator to mount EFI partition of your Windows UEFI drive (in case you have installed Windows to second drive, select disk1s1). Go to EFI/Microsoft/Boot/ and rename bootmgfw.efi to bootmgfw-orig.efi

8. In EFI partition containing Clover bootloader, remove EFI/Boot/bootx64.efi and copy EFI/Clover/CLOVERX64.efi to EFI/Boot/ and rename it to BOOTX64.efi

9. Restart.

There is something wrong with this part. I'm trying to install Windows 7 x64 and on step 4 I cannot click Next, right after I've formatted the partition with NTFS and I'm getting this:

Windows cannot be installed to this. The selected disk has an MBR partition table. On EFI systems, Windows can only be installed on GPT disk.

bla-bla-bla

I know exactly what I've chosen back when I installed OS X and it was not MBR !!! WTF ?!?

Back