Contribute
Register

Guide To Install Mavericks with Clover Bootloader

Is there anything that can be done with regard to having a properly working sleep on a 6-series (4530s in my case) laptop? While it does go to sleep just fine, it doesn't wake up quite often - hangs on a black screen.

Is there anything that can be done with regard to having a properly working sleep on a 6-series (4530s in my case) laptop? While it does go to sleep just fine, it doesn't wake up quite often - hangs on a black screen.

I don't have your problem on my old 8460p, the popular problem is restart after wake. You may try:

- Disable hibernate
- Use EmuVariable + Aptiofix drivers.

Check that your DSDT has the _WAK patch/workaround.
Also, are you sure it is not just screen brightness? Try pressing brightness up...

I do have a _WAK patch in my DSDT and yes, I did try to up the brightness with no avail - the system was frozen. Even the wireless button light above the keyboard didn't go white from orange (and it does everytime laptop wakes up from the sleep successfully here).

I've done however an EC reset after the recent occurance of this behaviour and we'll see if anything changes...

I don't have your problem on my old 8460p, the popular problem is restart after wake. You may try:

- Disable hibernate
- Use EmuVariable + Aptiofix drivers.

Code:
$ pmset -g
Active Profiles:
Battery Power        -1
AC Power        -1*
Currently in use:
 hibernatemode        0
 halfdim              1
 womp                 0
 networkoversleep     0
 standbydelay         4200
 ttyskeepawake        1
 sleep                15 (sleep prevented by coreaudiod)
 hibernatefile        /var/vm/sleepimage
 disksleep            10
 standby              0
 displaysleep         5

and I have both of those drivers.

edit: just put the laptop to sleep and it woke up fine, i'll give it few more tests later

Will the system update break my system or I just update and repatch kexts?

Is it possible to have Clover running in a native 1366x768 resolution? Looks like it's limited to 1024x768 here.

Is it possible to have Clover running in a native 1366x768 resolution? Looks like it's limited to 1024x768 here.
It's because 6-series laptop only have UEFI with CSM support, so you can't get native resolution at boot.
The temporary solution is using a shrinked theme for Clover. I uploaded 2 "S" themes in dropbox.

7-series laptops have options for UEFI without CSM, and it enables native resolution on boot.

It's because 6-series laptop only have UEFI with CSM support, so you can't get native resolution at boot.
The temporary solution is using a shrinked theme for Clover. I uploaded 2 "S" themes in dropbox.

7-series laptops have options for UEFI without CSM, and it enables native resolution on boot.

Ah, I read about CSM before. You're right, thanks!

I made a bit of a noob error this evening.

ive created a new dsdt after changing some hardware.

ive selected sandy bridge instead of ivy bridge and now can only boot in safe mode.

problem is, in safe mode I can't mount efi to remove dsdt.

can I tell clover to ignore dsdt in patched folder, is it in bootarg DSDT=no or some other way?

thanks

Back