Contribute
Register

Guide To Install Mavericks with Clover Bootloader

Having the same problem here. Actually the fan is working as it should but there is problem in reporting. I put the laptop in a cold place. after a while starting the laptop the CPU was about 37' and the fan was off(showing "-" in HWMonitor). I used Geekbench to test the fan. soon the fan started to work but there was no change in HWMonitor,...

Probably a HWMonitor problem. Try older version of HwMonitor.

Note: A lot of code "churn" in the latest HwMonitor. It may take a while for kozlek to fix all the issues...

And REPORT: HPFanReset.efi make HWMonitor can not show fan speed (I use reading only fan patch in DSDT)

Not related to HPFanReset.efi. Likely HwMonitor problem. See above.

First of all, another user here with a perfectly working Hackintosh, thanks to the hard work of all you guys!

I got a teeny tiny issue, which I've searched for on both Google and these forums, and I don't seem to come up with a solution for... I want to update my Clover and add the new HPFanReset.efi file. I updated Clover without any issues, added the HPFanReset.efi file to the proper folder, and am now supposed to rebuild my DSDT.aml.

Thing is... I removed the file from the Extra folder, I have rebooted and when running the latest ProBook Installer, it always churns out a text file on my desktop saying what I'm doing is wrong, when it comes to generating the DSDT.aml file. Is the file stored anywhere else? Should I remove it from the EFI partition also?

Sorry for polluting the thread and thanks go in advance for any help!

Thing is... I removed the file from the Extra folder, I have rebooted and when running the latest ProBook Installer, it always churns out a text file on my desktop saying what I'm doing is wrong, when it comes to generating the DSDT.aml file. Is the file stored anywhere else? Should I remove it from the EFI partition also?

You can boot without DSDT by select Option in Clover boot screen > DSDT > Change "DSDT.aml" to non-existing files (DSDT213.aml for example) then rerun PBI to create new DSDT.aml. If it still gives you error, post the log file here.

Yep, worked perfectly, thanks a ton nguyenmac!

Yep, worked perfectly, thanks a ton nguyenmac!

Always remember that with Clover your DSDT is loaded from EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/dsdt.aml.

The Probook Installer will create DSDT in /Extra/dsdt.aml. So after running the ProBook Installer, you need to copy /Extra/dsdt.aml to EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/dst.aml. Otherwise, Clover is using your old DSDT previously placed there...

Will remember that in the future, mate!
It's my first ever hackintosh and the reason I purchased a 4540s was this guide!

It's extremely impressive to me to see just how smart some people are, doing all this hackintosh thing.

Anyway, no more spam from me, sorry for clogging the thread! Thanks a lot to you all and may you have great luck with all future versions of Mac OS. :)

Probably a HWMonitor problem. Try older version of HwMonitor.

Note: A lot of code "churn" in the latest HwMonitor. It may take a while for kozlek to fix all the issues...

RahebMan I used several applications like iStat and XRG. The have the same problem in reporting fan speed. It seems the problem is not related to HWMonitor.

Also using iStat the battery reporting problem is gone(With or without having EmuVariableUefi-64.efi)

RahebMan I used several applications like iStat and XRG. The have the same problem in reporting fan speed. It seems the problem is not related to HWMonitor.

Also using iStat the battery reporting problem is gone(With or without having EmuVariableUefi-64.efi)

rezarebel, sorry for off topic question but I just noticed that you have exactly the same hardware as I do except that you did Clover Installation. So I was wondering if you reply to that thread http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-probook-mavericks/118047-help-disable-hd-7650m-dsdt-15.html about your experience turning off the ATI card? I have a problem when I restart, it shuts down. Does it happen to you as well?

Sorry for hijacking the topic.

Regards,

Back