Contribute
Register

Guide To Install Mavericks with Clover Bootloader

I know you're about to cringe since you hate Rufus for some reason, but while waiting on your reply I decided to use Rufus to re-create the USB, as what I've been doing is taking the files it created some time ago and transferring them back on USB and attempting to install, so I'm going to try that. If that fails I'll try your suggestion. Although I too prefer not to use third party tools, I have used Rufus and can confirm that it does work, but I have yet to see if it does this time.

Let's see what happens...

I know you're about to cringe since you hate Rufus for some reason, but while waiting on your reply I decided to use Rufus to re-create the USB, as what I've been doing is taking the files it created some time ago and transferring them back on USB and attempting to install, so I'm going to try that. If that fails I'll try your suggestion. Although I too prefer not to use third party tools, I have used Rufus and can confirm that it does work, but I have yet to see if it does this time.

Let's see what happens...

I have nothing against software that actually adds value. But in the case of USB Windows installer for UEFI it is only a matter of copying a folder/file structure. One simple copy paste....

Didn't seem that simple to me, plus I've successfully used Rufus before, but sad to say that this time it failed, giving me exactly the same error as before. I just deleted the EFI/Microsoft folder from USB, so let's see what happens.

Deleting that file was a huge failure. Wouldn't even boot into the USB after that.

Last edited:
Didn't seem that simple to me, plus I've successfully used Rufus before, but sad to say that this time it failed, giving me exactly the same error as before. I just deleted the EFI/Microsoft folder from USB, so let's see what happens.

Deleting that file was a huge failure. Wouldn't even boot into the USB after that.

How would deleting files/folders on your HDD EFI partition affect the USB?

HAHAHA, I didn't know you said on the HDD, I thought you said the USB. Will try that.

That didn't work either. I really give up on a UEFI Windows install. I don't know why it doesn't work anymore and at this point, I no longer care. I'll install it via DVD as legacy and just exit Clover when it pops up to boot or some similar method as I have before. Not going to spend 24 hours on this.

Thanks for your help buddy, but this is a really crazy situation. It's not the ISO, it's not the USB, it's PROBABLY not the BIOS, it's a dang mystery.

UPDATE: I gave up on UEFI Windows and installed Windows 7 legacy and I just boot it by pressing F9 and choosing Notebook Hard drive or whatever, or by selecting Clover's exit option, which only works sometimes. I'm guessing it's when and cause of my Yosemite SSD which has an older bootloader version than the one I'm trying to exit or something.

Last edited:
Hi everyone

i am trying to install mavericks on a 6470b with an i5 3320m 2,6ghz, hd4000, 4gb ram, etc...

followed the guide and everything went fine until i used pro book installer (last version), after i installed clover and all the kext the system hangs at the boot screen and the last thing that appears on verbose mode is:

*** [IOBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport] [SuspendDevice] -- Suspend -- suspendDeviceCallResult = 0x0000 (kIOReturnSuccess) -- 0x2c00 ***

i am stuck at this point and can't seem to get over it! anyone knows what may be the problem?

clover is installed with yosemite theme although i´m on mavericks and kext dev mode is active, maybe i have to use an older pro book installer??

thx

Hi everyone

i am trying to install mavericks on a 6470b with an i5 3320m 2,6ghz, hd4000, 4gb ram, etc...

followed the guide and everything went fine until i used pro book installer (last version), after i installed clover and all the kext the system hangs at the boot screen and the last thing that appears on verbose mode is:

*** [IOBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport] [SuspendDevice] -- Suspend -- suspendDeviceCallResult = 0x0000 (kIOReturnSuccess) -- 0x2c00 ***

i am stuck at this point and can't seem to get over it! anyone knows what may be the problem?

clover is installed with yosemite theme although i´m on mavericks and kext dev mode is active, maybe i have to use an older pro book installer??

thx

Sounds like you chose incorrect options in the ProBook Installer.

Post troubleshooting files.

Sounds like you chose incorrect options in the ProBook Installer.

Post troubleshooting files.

did another clean install right now and getting the same exact error...

i´m 99% sure that have chosen the right options on pro book installer, but maybe did something wrong...

i send the troubleshoting files now, thank you

here you have

Attachments

• Troubleshooting 2015-11-15 09-24.zip
    3 MB · Views: 158
Back