Contribute
Register

Guide To Install Mavericks with Clover Bootloader

I know how to do it, I've done it. It's not related to how my USB is setup and it's not due to stupidity because I really think I have tried every format and combination there is. In all of the guides it sounds so easy, which I assume usually is, but it's sure not for me. Nothing but errors from Windows installer. The last like 2 times I did a dual boot it worked pretty fine after a few tries. Like I've mentioned before, my main problem is my memory, I can't remember what I do to get things to work. It's a nightmare. I also tend to miss things in guides and articles at times, but I really don't think so this time. I'm close to giving up.

It is a drive I can wipe out and I've done so 100 times while trying to accomplish this. I'll take your word and make sure the drive isn't screwed or that MAYBE my USB isn't configured right.

I know how to do it, I've done it. It's not related to how my USB is setup and it's not due to stupidity because I really think I have tried every format and combination there is. In all of the guides it sounds so easy, which I assume usually is, but it's sure not for me. Nothing but errors from Windows installer. The last like 2 times I did a dual boot it worked pretty fine after a few tries. Like I've mentioned before, my main problem is my memory, I can't remember what I do to get things to work. It's a nightmare. I also tend to miss things in guides and articles at times, but I really don't think so this time. I'm close to giving up.

It is a drive I can wipe out and I've done so 100 times while trying to accomplish this. I'll take your word and make sure the drive isn't screwed or that MAYBE my USB isn't configured right.

Make sure you have the latest BIOS installed too.

There are also official tools from Microsoft to create Windows installer USBs. Use those if you're not certain how to do it. Never use tools like Rufus.

Can updating my BIOS cause problems for my other, normally main HDD that contains my most used Yosemite on it? See, I got 2 hard drives I use. The one I'm having trouble with is wiped and is meant to have OS X El Capitan and Windows 7 Home Premium x64, while my perfectly working SSD drive contains Yosemite 10.10.5 and is what I'm currently booted into. So, I'm asking will this Yosemite SSD be affected? Unbootable, etc? I'm just scared to mess with what works.

Can updating my BIOS cause problems for my other, normally main HDD that contains my most used Yosemite on it? See, I got 2 hard drives I use. The one I'm having trouble with is wiped and is meant to have OS X El Capitan and Windows 7 Home Premium x64, while my perfectly working SSD drive contains Yosemite 10.10.5 and is what I'm currently booted into. So, I'm asking will this Yosemite SSD be affected? Unbootable, etc? I'm just scared to mess with what works.

After updating BIOS you must re-patch ACPI.

Windows says after getting very far in first phase of installation, "Windows could not configure your computers boot configuration." or something to that degree. What do you think the cause of that is? This is truly getting on my nerves. It looks like it's going to be two whole nights I've worked on this. How sad...

Windows says after getting very far in first phase of installation, "Windows could not configure your computers boot configuration." or something to that degree. What do you think the cause of that is? This is truly getting on my nerves. It looks like it's going to be two whole nights I've worked on this. How sad...

No idea. You'd have to check the Windows installer logs.

Have you tried installing to a blank HDD just so you know whether it is a BIOS setting or something?

That's what I've been doing all along. Tried everything man. I found that people online said that my SATA controller or something might need drivers, but it didn't before so I don't know. I'm going to try it. Really at the end of my rope with this Windows nonsense. Can't believe how easy it was the other times compared to this. I'm amazed.

That's what I've been doing all along. Tried everything man. I found that people online said that my SATA controller or something might need drivers, but it didn't before so I don't know. I'm going to try it. Really at the end of my rope with this Windows nonsense. Can't believe how easy it was the other times compared to this. I'm amazed.

Upgrade to the latest BIOS. Check your BIOS settings.

I managed to sort of accidentally find the means and directory of the setup log file for the Windows installer and I believe I have located the problem, but will need help. It says the BCD store does not exist. Failed to create a new system store. Status= (c0000001).

Going to Google it, but if you know anything, that'd be great. Though I can Google all of my questions, I prefer to ask you because you know a lot and I can actually ask you stuff as opposed to just reading something on Google, plus you know how to make things work with OS X and what not, where as that's not their intentions on Google.

I managed to sort of accidentally find the means and directory of the setup log file for the Windows installer and I believe I have located the problem, but will need help. It says the BCD store does not exist. Failed to create a new system store. Status= (c0000001).

Going to Google it, but if you know anything, that'd be great. Though I can Google all of my questions, I prefer to ask you because you know a lot and I can actually ask you stuff as opposed to just reading something on Google, plus you know how to make things work with OS X and what not, where as that's not their intentions on Google.

It sounds a little vague since the Windows installer should create BCD. Remove the EFI/Microsoft directory from the EFI partition and try again.

Back